Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Advice on insert effects with Helix

bigcat64

Hi to all!

Need advide and orientation about how to connect Helix with a Crate FlexWave FW120HS Half Stack, 

This amp only have one jack to connect an external signal processor to the amplifier with a Stereo-to-mono Y-cord:

The Helix have send and return, wich way is better for audio signal ?,do you have experience with this amp,?

post-1119886-0-16334900-1502082591_thumb.jpg

From the documentation this is a traditional insert plug similar to the type used on many PA mixing boards where it's using a 1/4" TRS plug that breaks out into one output (send) line and one input (receive) line.  This would probably work fine if you simply wanted to use the Helix as an effects board.  In that case I might try first plugging the send line side of the amp into a Helix receive plug and use the 1/4" output line of the Helix to go to the receive side of the Y port on the amp.  If you want to use the Helix as a modeler and simply use the FlexWave as a power amp I'm not sure if that's possible since the documentation doesn't specify whether that insert plug is after the pre-amp stage on the amp.

From the documentation this is a traditional insert plug similar to the type used on many PA mixing boards where it's using a 1/4" TRS plug that breaks out into one output (send) line and one input (receive) line.  This would probably work fine if you simply wanted to use the Helix as an effects board.  In that case I might try first plugging the send line side of the amp into a Helix receive plug and use the 1/4" output line of the Helix to go to the receive side of the Y port on the amp.  If you want to use the Helix as a modeler and simply use the FlexWave as a power amp I'm not sure if that's possible since the documentation doesn't specify whether that insert plug is after the pre-amp stage on the amp.

Many thanks !!!