Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Locking mains cable

CraigGT

I recently bought one of these locking IEC leads and it works great with the Helix

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/IEC-c13-Locking-to-UK-Mains-Plug-3-Metre-Lead-Computer-Power-Kettle-black-lock/172630193165?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

No more finding the mains cable kicked out in my little room, I'm sure US versions will be widely available.

Craig

I always worry about that sort of thing doing more damage than good, breaking the socket, pulling the unit off/over or slamming it into a wall etc.  I never use the securing screws on PC sockets either, for the same reason, but I'm possibly a bit more clumsy than you.  :)

-

Well it grips onto the earth pin so I don't see much chance of it damaging the socket but if you're capable of kicking the mains lead hard enough to drag a Helix around then who knows? :-)

We use them on all our pole mounted QSC's to counter the effects of gravity and have never had a problem with them.

Craig