Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Problems, Problems... Does anyone here really love their Firehawk? Please share your experience?

SharkGuitar7

I'd love to hear from those of you that really love this unit?

Tell us about your experiences, issues if any, live experience, recording experience, etc.???

Thanks

I have the helix so the firehawk is something I play with once in awhile would love a desktop app so I can change setting thru pc im not a table app fan.

The unstable/slow bluetooth connection, the squeaking built-in pedal and the notorious A&D light of death... I can list a few problems which bother me, but I have to say that I do love my Firehawk FX.
The old Boss analogue pedals, DigiTech multi FX, and Line 6 M13, which I used to own, had its own pros and cons. I think that no device is perfect, and somehow we have to accept it as it is and try to get the best out of it. If you get to the point when you cannot stand it anymore, just divorce from it and move on.

Until then, in spite of all the issues that I listed above, my tone got better and I am happy with it.

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I own 3 Variax guitars: Vax 700, 700 acoustic and JTV-59; I also own 3 Line 6 FX boards: XT Live, HD500X and Firehawk FX. I set out thinking I'd try them for a while, see what I like best and get rid of what I don't. That was over two years ago! Each instrument and each board has its quirks and its "keeper" attributes. Of course, tone is the priority, followed by user interface and control. OK... Looks also enter the equation, but rank fourth. The Firehawk is a joy to use: great tone (HD & SD both sound great); quality construction; the remote BT app is a breeze to navigate and use... Plus, the multi-coloured switch lights are not just practical, they're really pretty too.

I use an EX-1 expression pedal and know when to avoid various artifacts (clicks, pops, and lags) when switching. It's like anything else: You need to learn how to use it to best advantage. The truth is, I have a "symbiotic" relationship with my rig: it plays me as much as I play it. Each guitar and board provides new soundscapes, new creative inspiration and... new music comes out.

Bottom line: I love my Firehawk FX, quirks 'n' all, and won't be ditching it any time soon. (Just don't tell my wife.)