Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Fix For No Sound On Spider Iv

DragonBE

Hey guys!

Just an hour ago, i tried to play some guitar on my Spider IV 120, but when I started playing no glass was shattered! :(

I checked all my settings (amp & guitar) and my cables, i tried restarting & resetting the amp and even tried Test-mode. Nothing helped.

My amp itself wasn't the problem, since i heard it 'pop' during start-up and sometimes feintly heard some effect when changing channels.

Then i went online to search for a possible solution, sadly the only thing i found were people with the same problem as me.

I tried some more, and then i 'fixed it'. My girlfriend thought it was the cable, so i showed her when i unplugged the guitar there was no noise or anything comming from it.

I held it on my fretboard, which usually kills everything in a 30km radius, but this time i was happy to hear a small amount of noise.

Then i just (carefully) did that some more, and in 5sec my sound was restored!!

It's not something you should do every day, but it beats finding and getting to a service center & having to wait 6 months to get your amp back.

Just unplug your cable on your guitar's end, and gently stroke it against your fretboard until your usual sound returns.

I hope this can help some other people out!

Greets

Dragon

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...

I am facing the same problem with a spider iv 30 w. My friend was playing and suddenly ... No sound... Nothing working... You can and move any knob and nothing happens...

According to some videos from YouTube maybe the problem is caused by a overheating of the processor of the amp, so you should use some pieces or fan etc to dissipate the heat.

But i am not sure about it when talking about the IV series...