Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

HD500 power socket is shaky

the29band

So recently, my HD500 power cable into the socket on the back of the HD500 requires some wiggle to get it to turn on. Once it turn on, it hasn't turned off. I have an extra HD power cable and the issue is the same with both the cables so it seems like the issue is with the power socket on the back of the HD500. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this? 

So recently, my HD500 power cable into the socket on the back of the HD500 requires some wiggle to get it to turn on. Once it turn on, it hasn't turned off. I have an extra HD power cable and the issue is the same with both the cables so it seems like the issue is with the power socket on the back of the HD500. Any ideas on what I can do to fix this?

Well there isn't likely to be a solution that doesn't involve a soldering iron. Repeatedly plugging in/unplugging the unit has likely resulted in a loose solder connection from the jack to whatever board it's connected to inside. If that's not it, then the jack itself may not be making a suitable connection to the adapter plug anymore.

This is the problem with the unit having no power switch. Frankly it's a stupid design, and I'm surprised that we don't see this complaint more often. Don't plug/unplug the unit any more than necessary. Get a power strip and just leave it plugged in unless you have to move it, and turn it on and off from the power strip. Or just unplug the giant wall-wart from the outlet instead of removing the other end from the back of the POD all the time.