Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Need Help Using MIDI Hardware/Drum Machine To Switch Patches During Drum Pattern Changes

JackstandJohnny

Hi. I have a Korg Electribe EMX-1(not the Electribe 2, mines the older metal one with tubes) and an HD500X floor unit. Right now I have to use an Alesis SR18 drum machine with a footswitch to start and stop songs Ive programmed in my Korg EMX-1 because we use it in our band. Everyone with me so far? Cool, so I have a prosthetic leg with very little residual limb left over, which makes footswitching while playing guitar, singing and doing it all in time stressful, difficult and unreliable. Still with me? Cool...

So how do I use MIDI to sync up the mici channels between the Korg EMX-1 and the HD500X to where I can automate patch changes to switch effects for the verse, chorus, bridge etc of a song? Furthermore, how can I(or is it even possible to) do this when the midi clock on the EMX-1 is set to "external" and using the Alesis SR18s midi clock so I can start and stop those songs on the EMX-1 with a footswitch(EMX-1 cant start/stop on its own with a footswitch of any kind. It just cant be done without a master midi device)??? Is anyone still with me? Does this makes sense? Thank you in advance.