Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

/13 Model Quiet

bigolsparky

Are you comparing just the default settings between amp models?

Yes.  Not that big of a deal but if I use the default settings for other amp models the /13 will not even get close to the volume of the other models.  It seems abnormally lower in volume than any other model.  I have played through a real /13 amp and they are not lacking in volume.

While 

Yes, that one is a little quiet compared to others with factory default settings. I never use the defaults though. I always balance volumes between presets and/or snapshots. 

I rarely use models "as is", I normally adjust the volume levels up to compensate for lack of volume.  I guess I had not considered adjusting the louder ones down, but it seems that default models should be closer in volume level parity out of the box.  I have been using Line 6 stuff for a while now so I am certainly familiar with "tweaking", but it seems with a device of this caliber, someone would have noticed the difference of this model.

I revisited this issue today, and for clarification, the model that was excessively quiet is the "/13 Preamp".  It is not a "little" bit quieter, it is inaudible compared to the other amps in default mode.  That being said, if I were seriously considering using this model with other models, I would have to turn the volume of every other model down to make this model audible.  That doesn't seem to be very practical, in my opinion.  It seems as though Line 6 should address this issue as a "defect" in their programming. 

Agree, this preamp is bizarrely quiet. If that's because the real world version is, I'd suggest that modeling that aspect of it is unhelpful. It just makes us compensate elsewhere, and achieves nothing.