Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Patch Spillover, Gapless fix? db boost Glitch! Please Help ASAP!!

Peterman123

Any help with Patch spillover without being abruptly cut off during patch changes? Also, "loud volume jump" when using compression to do a db boost for soloing.

I've changed the way I play which affects the songs because of these issues. I own (3) of these units and have done factory resets and all have the same issue. Is there a fix coming out soon? I've been looking at the "HEADRUSH" for the solution because it has gapless changes and spill over. Can someone PLEASE HELP ASAP? I play/tour often and have no more time to put in to solve this issue, when It affects my playing and the song, it turns into a huge deal! Tell me there is a solution out there?

You really need to stop playing the moment you step on the compressor to avoid the loudness surge. This is true even of my Helix.

I can't help you with patch spillover gap. Many other modelers have a solution to this (Helix, Headrush, AXE) but at a much higher price point.

It doesn't do spillover of effects, unless you add external effects to the effects loop (a delay for example) and have the fx loop enabled in all of the patches you use. Then the delay will spillover between patches. Not ideal, but it's a workaround at least.

I tend to use an additional overdrive/distortion pedal in the patch to give a db boost for soloing rather than a compressor, which doesn't seem to have the volume spike issue.

Hope this helps.

Rich

@richiecat - cool workaround.  A bit of lateral thinking saves the day!

Thanks ;-)

It's a cool workaround if you happen to have a delay pedal or something handy that you can use. Doing this does also has the effect of making the delay when switching between patches less obvious - just a short delay has the effect of filing in any gaps, even when the delay isn't really obvious ;-)