Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Stratocaster 1.9 To 2.0

Guys I will try my best to recreate the 1.9 tone of the strat to 2.0.

BUT I need some help.

I need somebody to record all the 5 positions of the strat 1.9 without any amp or effects.

I know I can roll back to 1.9 and do it by myself, but I worry a bit to do it. (maybe some problems will appear that I didn't have before)

So, anybody kind enough to help me?

• Upvote 1

Frankly I think most HD 2.0 users would be happier if you could simply duplicate all 5 sounds of a REAL Strat  - and be sure to retain the same Sustain of a Real Strat , which even the FW1.9 Spank lacked - to a much lesser degree than this HD 2.0 "Spank' version with its severe ADSR "Gated" version of "Spank" with no sustain longer than 5 seconds - as Line6 implemented in HD 2.0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer#ADSR_envelope

213px-ADSR_parameter.svg.png

Frankly I think most HD 2.0 users would be happier if you could simply duplicate all 5 sounds of a REAL Strat  - and be sure to retain the same Sustain of a Real Strat , which even the FW1.9 Spank lacked - to a much lesser degree than this HD 2.0 "Spank' version with its severe ADSR "Gated" version of "Spank" with no sustain longer than 5 seconds - as Line6 implemented in HD 2.0.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synthesizer#ADSR_envelope

213px-ADSR_parameter.svg.png

It really doesn't make sense to add an ADSR decay system to the Strat.

What if people are using a 69? That's already a strat style guitar. That would mean the 69's lesser sustain and the decay system = incredibly small sustain.

They shouldn't put a decay effect on the electric guitars. The only model that calls for a decay system is a banjo because it's supposed to have short sustain/decay fast.

. The only model that calls for a decay system is a banjo because it's supposed to have short sustain/decay fast.

I Totally Agree!

Most folks with ears can hear that indeed Line6 must be using an "ADSR" like approach with some of the models - they should expose these controls to the end User via Workbench, so we can disable it! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

What if people are using a 69? That's already a strat style guitar. That would mean the 69's lesser sustain and the decay system = incredibly small sustain.

You're implying that the banjo sustain would be different if played on JTV '59 as compared to a '69 because of the build of the guitar?  They sound the same on both.  As does the Spank.  Single coil pickups have nothing to do with it.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're implying that the banjo sustain would be different if played on JTV '59 as compared to a '69 because of the build of the guitar?  They sound the same on both.  As does the Spank.  Single coil pickups have nothing to do with it.

I never said that. One time they implied that an LP has more sustain than a Strat, which might be why people are hearing less sustain.

Since the 69 is a strat model, and if strats really do have less sustain, that means the modeling of less sustain, plus real less sustain of a 69 = really low sustain. It's a bad idea to emulate decay levels of electric guitars. No one wants that. People want the longest sustain.

The reason why the Banjo calls for it, is because the sustain is generally extremely short on a banjo compared to a guitar, so it calls for it, or else it wouldn't sound like a Banjo.

Guitar sustain has a lot of variables, and we shouldn't assume all strats will have bad sustain and emulate that.

Like we said, if they DID put a decay system in the strat and other electrics, they should allow you to disable it in workbench.

Guys I will try my best to recreate the 1.9 tone of the strat to 2.0.

BUT I need some help.

I need somebody to record all the 5 positions of the strat 1.9 without any amp or effects.

I know I can roll back to 1.9 and do it by myself, but I worry a bit to do it. (maybe some problems will appear that I didn't have before)

So, anybody kind enough to help me?

Edit:  Removed sound files

Since the 69 is a strat model, and if strats really do have less sustain, that means the modeling of less sustain, plus real less sustain of a 69 = really low sustain. It's a bad idea to emulate decay levels of electric guitars. No one wants that. People want the longest sustain.

Why do you assume a '69 has less sustain?

Why do you assume a '69 has less sustain?

Because Line6 assumes a strat has less sustain than a Les Paul.

69 = Strat style model

59 = LP style model

Unless they have good hardware that doesn't kill sustain on the 69, by that logic, the 69 would have less sustain than the 59.

Because Line6 assumes a strat has less sustain than a Les Paul.

69 = Strat style model

59 = LP style model

Unless they have good hardware that doesn't kill sustain on the 69, by that logic, the 69 would have less sustain than the 59.

What are you even talking about?

Please inform me.  You sound like an expert.

So the modeled tones are different for a JTV '59 than '69???

Can I ask you how many JTV '69's have you played and how many '59's?

How did the Spank setting compare on each guitar?

• Downvote 1

What are you even talking about?

Please inform me.  You sound like an expert.

So the modeled tones are different for a JTV '59 than '69???

Can I ask you how many JTV '69's have you played and how many '59's?

How did the Spank setting compare on each guitar?

I just did...

Why try and copy 1.9?  It was better at the SPank, but still not the best.  You could use any source.

I attached a few files from Acme's website...

They do sound nice, but the 1.9 was veri different,,,And many ppl loved that sound.

Strats have no sustain? Hum I guess David Gilmour played with an LP lol

Seriously I'm sure there is a slight difference between models but not in sound. I'm sure my 89f have less sustain because of floyd rose and 59 and 89 have more sustain than 69 because of their fixed bridge...

My Gibson Les Paul Studio 2103 has clearly much more sustain than all the bolt-on guitars I've owned, including my jtv-89F, now that doesn't man the bolt-on guitars don't have a good sustain, it is just that the LP is extremely good at that. I've never played a Fender American Strat and I think they must have a good sustain but if they beat the Les Paul then that means that Fender is the only company who really know how to build bolt-on guitars.

Strats have no sustain? Hum I guess David Gilmour played with an LP lol

Seriously I'm sure there is a slight difference between models but not in sound. I'm sure my 89f have less sustain because of floyd rose and 59 and 89 have more sustain than 69 because of their fixed bridge...

I own the JTV-89F and you're pretty much right, the sustain is not as good as the sustain in the guitars I've owned with fixed bridge, I guess this is a well known issu with guitars with bolt-on neck and FR, I'm not sating the sustain is bad it is just less than the other guitars, but that is the price for having such a versatil and creative bridge.

• Upvote 1

LOL!

You're not amusing me. I have just stated by L6's logic that if a Strat has less sustain than an LP, then a 69 would have less sustain than a 59.

I am not saying it does, but by that logic, it should.

Now, please remove my avatar from yours and stop targeting me for harassment before I report your account for abuse.

You're not amusing me. I have just stated by L6's logic that if a Strat has less sustain than an LP, then a 69 would have less sustain than a 59.

I am not saying it does, but by that logic, it should.

Now, please remove my avatar from yours and stop targeting me for harassment before I report your account for abuse.

I don't have another jtv than my 69s, but it definitely has less sustain than my 700 that is mahogany. 

I am pretty positive you are correct one this one.

I don't have another jtv than my 69s, but it definitely has less sustain than my 700 that is mahogany. 

I am pretty positive you are correct one this one.

It doesn't even have to be correct. My point is theory that's pointing out the reasons why Line6 shouldn't emulate short sustain on a Strat.

If you're playing the Strat model through a Strat style guitar, then what's the point of lessening the sustain if the guitar you're playing is already a strat with short sustain?

There's many variables that comes into play when it comes to sustain. Perhaps they're trying to emulate the specific sustain of the guitar they were modeling, but I still think it's pointless.

The electric guitar models should just use the natural sustain, and not have a decay effect on it.

• Upvote 1

the slight difference in sustain could be due also to the fact that the 700 doesn't have magnetic pickups attracting the strings

which, consequently makes me think that different JTV pickups configurations may slightly affect the sustain of each specific JTV model, in addition of course to their height adjustments..

It's also got a different bridge/tremolo, different woods, different strings, different nut, and is a different guitar. All of these also affect the sustain.

• 2 weeks later...