Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

My first impression

imemy123

Okay, so I downloaded the trial and to me it sounds no different than any other vst sim out there . I could not get used to hearing the clean sound of my strings being picked and evenly mixed with the processed sound really shatters my creativity. I've listened through headphones and a pair of focal monitors no difference . Sorry line 6 I can't purchase this product.

The sound is absolutely fine, it sounds exactly the same as my helix.

The interface is another matter, tiny on my monitor and I have to scroll a little window to get at all the parameters of the modules, and the scroll wheel also changes the value of parameters as well as scrolling depending on where the mouse is. Absolute madness!

I thought the Helix editor UI was pretty bad but at least you could size it, having an un-sizeable version is really painful.

Okay, so I downloaded the trial and to me it sounds no different than any other vst sim out there . I could not get used to hearing the clean sound of my strings being picked and evenly mixed with the processed sound really shatters my creativity. I've listened through headphones and a pair of focal monitors no difference . Sorry line 6 I can't purchase this product.

Based on what you are describing, you still have your direct signal coming into your DAW. LOL. You probably should not be critical of VSTs in general if you can't get the most basic details of setting them up correct.

• Downvote 1

The only way you could possibly hear the unprocessed sound of your strings alongside the processed sound is that you are using the helix plugin as a send rather than an insert.

Or you have the audio interface direct monitoring turned on outside of the DAW. 

Oh !

A know it all chiming in .

Hate to deflat you your worldly size ego but your wrong.

Your posting stats don't reveal you being an expert. Lol,

Get a life

You have something set up incorrectly if you're hearing the unprocessed sound along with the processed sound...

Plenty of people here are willing to try to help you out, so I don't understand the hostility.

If you are using a Steinberg AI then you need to make sure the DAW channel is soloed - otherwise you get both the raw input sound and post processed at similar levels.

However if you are hearing the strings after that even with headphone or monitor levels a programme volume, you are hitting the strings too hard ;-)

Some interfaces will route the Line In values back out to the output by default. I have to mute my Line In on my Scarlett 6i6 for this reason.

Additionally, be careful that you don't have a parallel loop in the signal chain if you edited a preset yourself. When I made my first sound I forgot that the signal travels down all paths, rather than just one (as in older Boss products), so I was hearing the clean signal alongside the amped signal.

Oh !

A know it all chiming in .

Hate to deflat you your worldly size ego but your wrong.

Your posting stats don't reveal you being an expert. Lol,

Get a life

Sorry if you did not like the tone of my response, but nonetheless you clearly have it setup incorrectly. You can either take it (along with the more gentle input from others) as good advice and  fix it, enjoying the product as it was designed to be used or you can ignore others advice, not learn anything, and move on, missing out on a great product. Your choice. Shrug.

• 4 years later...