Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Dry output for vocals?

earth2luna

I'm running vocals through some Helix effects. So I'd like to send my mic wet signal out of the xlr output. I'd also like to send a dry signal to monitors to reduce feedback issues. Is this possible? Thanks.

Yes, you can do this. You need to create a separate path for your unaffected vocals and set the send to whatever output you want to use. I haven't played around with the send / return, so you might be able to put a send at the beginning of the affected path rather than it's own path, but I'm not sure what happens if you don't get the return. It might kill the signal path completely?

You can use a Send without killing the path, so a single send block is all that is needed. Or if in the digital domain USB 8 is the Microphone input direct out pre-everything.

DI answers this question in this post and it is elaborated in some following questions and answers:

http://line6.com/support/topic/14264-helix-faq/?p=114985