Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is there any chance of more Helix hardware?

sunnyhaair

I love the Helix system. I've got Floor, and Native, and they work great. Great enough that I can't get enough Helix!

I don't NEED anything, but I've been thinking about getting LT or Rack because I could easily make use of it either by using it together with my Floor unit or having it as a backup (not that I anticipate needing one), having it for friends or clients, using one as a "beater" unit that goes everywhere while one stays in my studio, or even just setting it up as a permanent system with an FRFR in my bedroom.

So, I'm leaning towards getting LT within the next few months, but I'm wondering whether or not Line 6 would potentially release an even more affordable hardware version of Helix... knowing my luck, I'd buy an LT and a single path version or some sort of hardware at the $500 range would be released the next day. I'm just speculating though. This may be all the Helix line 6 plans on ever releasing. Anyone here think that's likely? Or even possible?

I love the Helix system. I've got Floor, and Native, and they work great. Great enough that I can't get enough Helix!

I don't NEED anything, but I've been thinking about getting LT or Rack because I could easily make use of it either by using it together with my Floor unit or having it as a backup (not that I anticipate needing one), having it for friends or clients, using one as a "beater" unit that goes everywhere while one stays in my studio, or even just setting it up as a permanent system with an FRFR in my bedroom.

So, I'm leaning towards getting LT within the next few months, but I'm wondering whether or not Line 6 would potentially release an even more affordable hardware version of Helix... knowing my luck, I'd buy an LT and a single path version or some sort of hardware at the $500 range would be released the next day. I'm just speculating though. This may be all the Helix line 6 plans on ever releasing. Anyone here think that's likely? Or even possible?

R&D costs money, and $500 ain't happening...the powers that be have said more than once that if it weren't for manufacturing contracts still in place from years ago, even a unit like the HD500X would cost upwards of $650 if it were released today. I seriously doubt you'll ever see another $500 unit. That price point is a dead end for them.

R&D costs money, and $500 ain't happening...the powers that be have said more than once that if it weren't for manufacturing contracts still in place from years ago, even a unit like the HD500X would cost upwards of $650 if it were released today. I seriously doubt you'll ever see another $500 unit. That price point is a dead end for them.

Looks like I better clear a space for an LT :D