Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

USB volume control

vertigo84

Hello,

I have my helix connected to pc via usb in order to use the editor. However, when I control the volume with the large volume knob on the helix this also affects the volume coming out from the pc (like spotify, youtube, etc).

Is there a way to have the large knob only controlling the helix and not the pc?

Thanks in advance

Hello,

I have my helix connected to pc via usb in order to use the editor. However, when I control the volume with the large volume knob on the helix this also affects the volume coming out from the pc (like spotify, youtube, etc).

Is there a way to have the large knob only controlling the helix and not the pc?

Thanks in advance

Global settings>Ins/Outs>Volume Knob Controls. Change it to 1/4" or XLR only (whatever you are playing your guitar through. 

Global settings>Ins/Outs>Volume Knob Controls. Change it to 1/4" or XLR only (whatever you are playing your guitar through. 

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried this, however changing the 1/4 or xlr outs does not affect the usb out.

Thanks for the reply. I've already tried this, however changing the 1/4 or xlr outs does not affect the usb out.

I thought that was what you were asking for, the big volume knob only changing the 1/4 XLR out and NOT the USB.

If you want to change the level of USB 1/2 independently, Global Settings>INs/Outs>USB 1/2 Trim

I thought that was what you were asking for, the big volume knob only changing the 1/4 XLR out and NOT the USB.

If you want to change the level of USB 1/2 independently, Global Settings>INs/Outs>USB 1/2 Trim

I am sorry, it is true that my post was not clear. What I meant is that even if I changed the outs in the global settings to 1/4 or xlr only, the big volume knob continues to affect the usb volume. 

I am sorry, it is true that my post was not clear. What I meant is that even if I changed the outs in the global settings to 1/4 or xlr only, the big volume knob continues to affect the usb volume. 

The volume knob effects all signals going through the output that it is controlling. It is an output volume control. If you want separate control of the USB 1/2, you will have to route that input signal to a different output.