Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Can I change Helix "Multi" Out routing?

leodiaztrejo

Hi, I'm a new Helix user and was wondering if the "Multi" Out option could be changed from the 4 (XLR, 1/4, Digital, USB) to just 2. For instance, to send audio only to XLR and Digital, or XLR and 1/4 (and leave the other outputs free for other routing). Could there be a way to mirror one output to another? If not possible, could there be a chance for a firmware update that includes more flexible routing options?

Also, is there a possibility to monitor the audio coming from the "Digital" source in the headphones output? This option is not available in the HP settings.

Thanks.

Leo

Better external routing options would be great.  I'd love to run a mic through the Helix to add vocal effects to certain songs, and bypass straight to the output for everything else.  Right now I'd have to add a signal path for all patches, most with no effects, just to get the desired vocal effects on the very few patches I'd use it on.

Too bad… What I'm doing is processing vocals and bass simultaneously in the Helix, but I want to feed the band's in-ear monitoring rig at the same time. That rig is a MOTU 896 convenient interface that stores individual mixes for every band member. 

Like this:

Path 1A: Mic—>FX—> XLR Out (stereo to PA), Phones mirroring XLR Out (stereo DI-Box to in-ear rig)

Path 1B: Bass—>FX—>Path 2—>FX—>Send 1/2 (stereo DI-Box to PA) and Digital AES OUT (stereo to in-ear rig)

It works pretty well for now. I also suppose I could go mono and avoid this hassle, but, no thanks, lol.

• 3 years later...

Woulda thought more people would be on this one, particularly after three years. Having selectable multiple outputs instead of just the blanket "everything" multiple outputs would be of great value for my live setup particularly now that I've added a Powercab 112+. I use USB for iPad audio sent FOH via 1/4" and don't want my guitar signal going to that output, just want my guitar going to XLR to FOH and AES to PC112+. Can do the split path workaround for a lot of my stuff but some of my presets have too much going on and I can't spare a path.

One can dream... 

2 hours ago, cfhmonkey said:

Woulda thought more people would be on this one, particularly after three years. Having selectable multiple outputs instead of just the blanket "everything" multiple outputs would be of great value for my live setup particularly now that I've added a Powercab 112+. I use USB for iPad audio sent FOH via 1/4" and don't want my guitar signal going to that output, just want my guitar going to XLR to FOH and AES to PC112+. Can do the split path workaround for a lot of my stuff but some of my presets have too much going on and I can't spare a path.

One can dream... 

I've been using the Helix for over 4 years and have yet to need something like this, nor have I seen many people making this a priority...so that might explain why nothing's been done here.  There are other, higher priority items being asked for.

7 hours ago, cfhmonkey said:

particularly after three years.

O.K. You resurrected a thread from 2017. I will have had my Helix floor for 5 years next month. Have I ever felt a need for this feature? Erm - Nope! 

Maybe you should post a request on IdeaScale - that’s the only place it might get attention from the Line 6 development team. Just us regular users in here - we can’t change the design or the way it works.

Post on IdeaScale or dream on.

Good luck.