leodiaztrejo

Can I change Helix "Multi" Out routing?

Hi, I'm a new Helix user and was wondering if the "Multi" Out option could be changed from the 4 (XLR, 1/4, Digital, USB) to just 2. For instance, to send audio only to XLR and Digital, or XLR and 1/4 (and leave the other outputs free for other routing). Could there be a way to mirror one output to another? If not possible, could there be a chance for a firmware update that includes more flexible routing options?

Also, is there a possibility to monitor the audio coming from the "Digital" source in the headphones output? This option is not available in the HP settings.

Thanks.

Leo

Click on the output block. You'll get a list of all possibilities.

Thanks, but I can't seem to output to XLR and 1/4 only, leaving the digital for other routing...

That's kinda the workaround I've been using. However, it is an awful waste of processing power and the parallel path...

That's kinda the workaround I've been using. However, it is an awful waste of processing power and the parallel path...

agreed, I don't know of any other way but I'm far from an expert. 

Better external routing options would be great.  I'd love to run a mic through the Helix to add vocal effects to certain songs, and bypass straight to the output for everything else.  Right now I'd have to add a signal path for all patches, most with no effects, just to get the desired vocal effects on the very few patches I'd use it on.

Thanks, but I can't seem to output to XLR and 1/4 only, leaving the digital for other routing...

Oh....Yeah, the options cant be changed that i know of.  All pre- set. Sorry.

Too bad… What I'm doing is processing vocals and bass simultaneously in the Helix, but I want to feed the band's in-ear monitoring rig at the same time. That rig is a MOTU 896 convenient interface that stores individual mixes for every band member. 

Like this:

Path 1A: Mic—>FX—> XLR Out (stereo to PA), Phones mirroring XLR Out (stereo DI-Box to in-ear rig)

Path 1B: Bass—>FX—>Path 2—>FX—>Send 1/2 (stereo DI-Box to PA) and Digital AES OUT (stereo to in-ear rig)

It works pretty well for now. I also suppose I could go mono and avoid this hassle, but, no thanks, lol.