Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

third expression pedal broke on Helix LT!

toynado

Exchanged my Helix LT today for the 3rd time in a month and a half! The hinge keeps breaking inside on the pedals!

I'm not stomping on it that hard! It seems to be a design flaw. Anyone else out their have this happen to them? The second one made it through 2 Gigs!

Went and exchanged that one today so cross my fingers! Please Line6 look into this! I love the LT but I don't want to carry a wha pedal around if I don't have to!

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Holy hell how do you guys step on that pedal? I haven't had a problem with it yet, but since I've heard about the pedals breaking I loosened up the pedal a bit with the allen wrench that's included, I remember when I bought it I had to step a bit harder on it because it was set very stiff from the factory, I loosened it just enough so it's able to keep it's position on it's own, but also needs little to no pressure to move it up and down.

I bought the Helix rack for this very reason.  I'm a big guy who beats up his stomp boxes.  I didn't want this happening to my unit.  I use the floor control and the mission expression pedals, no issues with these and I know my rack won't take a beating.

4 hours ago, vstrattomusic said:

Holy hell how do you guys step on that pedal? I haven't had a problem with it yet, but since I've heard about the pedals breaking I loosened up the pedal a bit with the allen wrench that's included, I remember when I bought it I had to step a bit harder on it because it was set very stiff from the factory, I loosened it just enough so it's able to keep it's position on it's own, but also needs little to no pressure to move it up and down.

It's not really a matter of using the pedal too much. It's just that on ones that were built with the metal housing that was stamped incorrectly, it's not a matter of if, but simply a matter of when the pedal will break. I would think it's relatively rare for people to have multiple units that have the flaw, but as with anything when there's a percentage of bad units out there, there will always be people who are unlucky and get multiple failed ones.

1 hour ago, jbuhajla said:

Go with Helix Floor instead of the LT. You have to run over the floor model with a truck to break it. 

Or throw it off a 35 story building!! ....And yet then it still may work fine, I never had a problem with mine as well!

It's not really a matter of using the pedal too much. It's just that on ones that were built with the metal housing that was stamped incorrectly, it's not a matter of if, but simply a matter of when the pedal will break. I would think it's relatively rare for people to have multiple units that have the flaw, but as with anything when there's a percentage of bad units out there, there will always be people who are unlucky and get multiple failed ones.

And..., there is also the gorilla type that plays guitar and I've known a few. For example- I have broken about 10 strings in my 45+ years of playing multiple guitars at multiple events/stages. That doesn't make me perfect, it just means I keep the strings clean and don't hit them hard as it's my style of playing. I also know and have played with guys that break a string on every gig. No kidding, they are ruff on everything they touch. That's not to say "this issue" was the user's fault at all, but it is what it is and some can be very rough on equipment. If that equipment already has an issue as well as this did (and then add to the gorilla grippers to it), that adds to the problem/breakage in a hurry.