Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Spider IV 150W HD into a traditional Marshall 2x12" 100W cab

What about the compatibility with Line 6 Headers and another brand cab?

Can I connect the "Line 6 Spider IV 150 HD" into a "Marshall cab 2x12" with regular celestion 8ohm wich is usually used for connect 100W Marshall headers as MG100FX or DSL100H?

I need to know 'cause I'm afraid about burn it out my speakers, I mean, the 150W is not to much power for a regular cab usually used for headers of 100W? 

I got a new one and I'm not using it waiting for to know if there are compatibility on current or not

What Marshall cabinet is it exactly? Most of the Tube amp cabinets Marshall sells are 8 or 16 ohms but the MG cabinets im not sure about if the are 4 or 8?

Does the cabinet have any numbers on it? does it have an impedance value? Or do you not own it yet?

• 3 years later...

I'm trying to find info for the Spider V 240hc MKII.  I have a 16 ohm 412, and have yet to hook it up bc the manual is unclear.  Is it a "4 ohm minimum", or does it have to be a single 4 ohm cab or dual 8 ohm loads?  Any help will be appreciated.  Thank you!

• 8 months later...
On 8/22/2017 at 12:03 AM, criollojulio said:
What about the compatibility with Line 6 Headers and another brand cab?

Can I connect the "Line 6 Spider IV 150 HD" into a "Marshall cab 2x12" with regular celestion 8ohm wich is usually used for connect 100W Marshall headers as MG100FX or DSL100H?

I need to know 'cause I'm afraid about burn it out my speakers, I mean, the 150W is not to much power for a regular cab usually used for headers of 100W? 

I got a new one and I'm not using it waiting for to know if there are compatibility on current  mygiftcardsite or not

Thanks a lot @criollojulio for posting this question, i am also looking for same issue, I found a lot of interesting information here. A really good post, very thankful and helpful