Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Bye bye Spider IV

fflbrgst

I have a AX212, a XTpro, Spider 3-120, Spider II 30, Spider IV-15, and a spider IV-30

IMO the AX2 and the IV series sound fantastic the amp models in the IV-30 are simply unbeatable for the price, and i didnt think ide find a sound ide like from the IV-15 but the clean channel sounds good and the metal channel backed off has one of the nicest crunch sounds i doubt ill ever get rid of those 2 amps.

Im still working with the IV 75, but so far based on the tones i get from the 15 and 30 im sure ill be able to dig some nice sounds from the 75.

If anything its a plus to see prices drop on the IV series, thats good news for us!

• 4 months later...

I like the spider 4-75 combo, and I like the presets generally, though, most work for me as a jumping off place and then save my personal edits in the user presets to concrete my personal tone.

My question to anyone with experience with the spider 4-hd150 head is.....

If I can find a new one (where is a "clearance" sale online for the spider hd150 anyway, all I see are "used" heads on flea Bay or on Verb) can I transfer all my user presets using the editing software, from my Spider IV-75 to a SpiderIV HD150 head so I can have the SAME user prestigious tones on BOTH my practice combo AND a Spider IV HD 150 head to gig with? I'd appreciate any help, advice here on this question. Thanks

Yes, you can transfer your presets/settings via Spider Edit, but you will need to adjust the sounds from there on the head, as they will not sound identical through a different set of speakers at a different volume.

You will need to search stores (online inventory) for a new head in stock somewhere - the clearance was 6 months ago.