Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

replace cab on amp/cab patch with impulse response?

fr0sty

I have some patches I like that are built around an amp/cab combo.  I would like to try the same amp settings with some of my impulse responses without creating a new amp head patch with the same settings.  Is there a way to turn off the cab?  I can't seem to find a way to do that.

Kdog that only helps if you are using separate amp and cab blocks, from op's question I assume he's talking about a combo block. On helix edit if you selected the head of the same amp as you already had as a combo it would retain any amp settings already tweaked, you could then simply add an IR block. I haven't experimented to see if native likewise keeps the settings if you swap between combo and head.

• Upvote 1

Yes, that's the exact issue. I used the amp/combo block but when I switch the block to a head block, it changes all my settings.  Not a huge deal, but it's a bit of a mind shift from pod farm, which I'm used to.

I would be nice though to be able to do that. 

Kdog that only helps if you are using separate amp and cab blocks, from op's question I assume he's talking about a combo block. On helix edit if you selected the head of the same amp as you already had as a combo it would retain any amp settings already tweaked, you could then simply add an IR block. I haven't experimented to see if native likewise keeps the settings if you swap between combo and head.

Yea, and as long as we're talking about the editor it would be great to be able to drag presets and create dual amp tones from an existing patch.  I can drag a single saved tone over, but it seemed like I should be able to drag another tone over and make a dual channel patch.  I'm still  getting used to how helix editor routes, so maybe there's already an easier but different way to accomplish that.

Kdog that only helps if you are using separate amp and cab blocks, from op's question I assume he's talking about a combo block.

Darn, yes, you are correct, I misread the OP. Thanks for the correction.