Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Feedback on Marshall DSL40 with 4CM Helix use

srolfs

After playing a friends Marshall DSL40 the other day I got very nostalgic for the tube sound and air pushing through a Celestion guitar speaker. Contemplating getting one of these and using my Helix for the effects pedals via 4CM. Quick Q's for the pros here:

1) Any of you have any experience with this amp positive or negative?

2) Any specific experience using a Helix with it? Any conflicts with the Marshall switch that goes from clean to gain channel?

I'm a hobbyist basement player who wants more sonic punch than what I'm getting running my Helix through two Alto 112's via XLR cables. This Marshall seems to be in my budget so grateful for feedback pro or con.

I love my DSL40C. I love it so much I split into a head cabinet.

I haven't tried the DSL with the Helix as I've been concentrating on a "live" setup with a DXR.

There is no reason the DSL shouldn't sound as awesome as always with the Helix in 4CM.

The channel switching on the DSL is standard TRS, so, that should work with the Helix with no issues.

Maybe you could borrow your friend's DSL for a couple days and give it a good run.

What type of other speakers and/or cabinet are you using. Curious what this thing could drive. 

It will drive anything you want to put under it.

I've used a 4x12 of Greeenbacks, but, typically a 1x12. I had a Gold in the 1x12, but, now have a Vintage 30.

I struggled with my Helix and FRFR setup...but loved the idea of a simple setup, now I run Helix to my DSL40c with creamback speaker into the effects return. Incredible volume and punch, and still grab and go easy setup. Just one cable to the amp and it sounds killer!!

• Upvote 1