Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

diezel v30 sm57 cab IR

willjrock

This is a free IR. Ive enjoyed it inside TH3 for a while now. Ive tried to load it in Helix, but it gives no sound. There doesnt seem to be any similar complaints on the net. Has anyone had any success with this IR? Inside or outside Helix?

Also, i havent been able to get this IR to work in ANY capacity, other than inside TH3. Ive even downloaded it from different sites on different occasions. Any clue what gives?

Thanks!

Also, i havent been able to get this IR to work in ANY capacity, other than inside TH3 where it comes as part of the program. 

I couldn't find it in TH3 (v3.4.2 64bit). Looked in ProgramData/Overloud/TH3/IR. Is there someplace else it could be hiding? Other DL locations?

I couldn't find it in TH3 (v3.4.2 64bit). Looked in ProgramData/Overloud/TH3/IR. Is there someplace else it could be hiding? Other DL locations?

. Hey brother thanks for the reply.

Load the IR cabinet. There should be an entry in there for Diezel. If there is not then either I have added it myself and I am completely mistaken about what I'm saying but I don't believe that's the case.

Yeah after installing the latest version on another computer i realized i was incorrect in saying that IR came WITH TH3.

Still though, its the only place i can get it to work. Would hate to have to drag a computer with me any time i want to use it. :)

OK, very strange.

I loaded the 6505 IR into a new preset with the PV Panama (seemed appropriate).

Nothing. Pulled it down into a split and BANG!

It won't work in a straight line, but in the bottom of a split, bingo!

Then I put the Soldano IR in the top and assigned a switch to toggle them, both work. BUT....Can't tell the difference between them! AND...If you turn them both on at once, NOTHING! If you bypass both, you get the harsh sounding amp-without-cab tone.

Listening to all three configurations (amp only, top on, bottom on) consecutively, it sounds more like the amp sound thru identical filters but not really cab IRs.

Thinking it was my old R'n'R ears playing tricks on me, I set up a similar test with S-Gear, using the STEALER amp. Both 6505 and Soldano versions sound GREAT (thanks for turning me on to these), but VERY different! 

Conclusion: these IRs don't really work with Helix.

I'm going to try posting in the GuitarAmpModeling forum that I got these from and see if anybody has any ideas, maybe the author?

I'll get back if I hear anything.

OK, very strange.

Nothing. Pulled it down into a split and BANG!

It won't work in a straight line, but in the bottom of a split, bingo!

Then I put the Soldano IR in the top and assigned a switch to toggle them, both work. BUT....Can't tell the difference between them! AND...If you turn them both on at once, NOTHING! If you bypass both, you get the harsh sounding amp-without-cab tone.

Listening to all three configurations (amp only, top on, bottom on) consecutively, it sounds more like the amp sound thru identical filters but not really cab IRs.

Thinking it was my old R'n'R ears playing tricks on me, I set up a similar test with S-Gear, using the STEALER amp. Both 6505 and Soldano versions sound GREAT (thanks for turning me on to these), but VERY different! 

Conclusion: these IRs don't really work with Helix.

I'm going to try posting in the GuitarAmpModeling forum that I got these from and see if anybody has any ideas, maybe the author?

I'll get back if I hear anything.

Wow! Thats really a wierd set of events lol. Wonder what the hang-up is? Whatever the file is, you would assume Helix would convert them to a 48/16 file it can read. (yeah its a .wav, but......)

Ive had these IRs for close to 10 years and could never really get them to work. After hearing how nice they sounded in TH3, I hoped re-downloading them from guitaramp modeling.com would give me a workable helix file, but no luck. I have a few other IRs that act the same way. .

Im partial to the Soldano poweramp IR by the way.

Nothing

See it works fine for me like this if im understanding you. Panama in Helix and Cab IR inside TH3 and thats it.

Dude ive had some REAL good luck with the Damien and Ghandi IRs, if by chance you havent  messed with them much. As a matter of fact TH3 has been sounding nice lately. Its my opinion that the cab sounds and cab control just destroy anything Helix has to offer.

My tests were run using the IRs within Helix. I'm sure that if I run into the PC, any of the IR loaders I have would work, but the whole point of owning the Helix is for simple take-it-out-and-play use. Fact is, most of the computer amp sims I use sound better than the Helix (to my ears), and without near as much tweaking. Not that I don't get good sounds out of the Helix, but the learning curve is much steeper. However, the Helix goes out to jam while the computer stays home. Strangely (or not), once I start playing with the Helix in a live mix, it sounds great!

When I started looking into this, I first loaded up TH3, which I hadn't used in a while. I always forget how good TH3 sounds, and how flexible it is. It's pretty, too! :)

I use an FX only TH3 preset in front of S-Gear for some really nice sounds. That also allows me to use MIDI from an FCB1010-UNO pedalboard to turn things on/off. 

So, just to be thorough, I loaded up Native and tried the Diezel IRs. No joy. Baffling how a simple wav file works everywhere except in Helix land.

Haven't had a chance to try it, but those IRs are big in their original form, must have some ambience tail to them. I wonder if Helix is unable to convert them to its 2048-sample format, or if the way it does that happens to give you that result. Maybe try truncating them manually with other software first?

Haven't had a chance to try it, but those IRs are big in their original form, must have some ambience tail to them. I wonder if Helix is unable to convert them to its 2048-sample format, or if the way it does that happens to give you that result. Maybe try truncating them manually with other software first?

Nice find dude.

Like, around 10x the size of 3sigma and Ownhammer. You may have hit on the problem right there!

Havent had time over the last day or two, but was wondering if you found any complaints or intel at any of the other modeling forums? Surely somebody had to run into something similar with this file? Didnt seem like ANYONE else really had a problem using these IRs. No helix users at that point yeah, but i recall seeing some axe fx'ers there, no? Maybe when they converted to .sysex for axe fx it took care of it. I dont know.

My tests were run using the IRs within Helix.

Ooops my bad. TH3 "splits" similarly.

Appreciate it man but nobody looking for IRs. You DID read the thread before replying right?