Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Wet & Dry signal chain

rudiekazu

i just bought the Helix Native to use in Pro Tools along with my Floor Unit......and i cant seem to do what i want to do.....i assume its me......i want to run 3 signals from my Helix Floor Unit .. 2-XLR Outputs (Wet) goes into my Moto Audio interface......2 - 1/4" Outputs (Wet) goes into my Stereo Mesa 2-90 amp......and i want to run another DRY Signal from the Helix into my Moto Interface ...... I tried going out the Expression Pedal Output and one of the Send Return Channels......but nothing

I can select a BLANK Patch from the Helix Floor Unit and run that thru the XLR Output into the Native Channel......but then i loose the Wet Patch I was using in the Helix Floor Unit

I could also probably buy some Splitter Cord a just by-pass the Helix Floor Unit altogether ......and run a spit cord from my guitar ...one to the Helix Floor and one to the Moto......but i thought i would try to do everything thru the Helix

I know I know.....i just hate having to Plug & Unplug cords all the time......i want my to have my cake and eat it to......is that wrong ???

If you go USB out to your DAW, then you will have all of your XLRs and 1/4" outs to go to external devices. You don't need your Motu interface for Helix. Helix is an interface. You have 8 inputs and 8 outputs over USB. You can have stereo wet over USB out 1/2 and dry going over another USB out (USB 7 is default I believe for dry)

If you go USB out to your DAW, then you will have all of your XLRs and 1/4" outs to go to external devices. You don't need your Motu interface for Helix. Helix is an interface. You have 8 inputs and 8 outputs over USB. You can have stereo wet over USB out 1/2 and dry going over another USB out (USB 7 is default I believe for dry)

Yes, do this. Best way to do what you need.

i understand using Helix as my Interface.....no problem......except that Pro Tools forces me to switch between my Moto PCI ASIO driver and the Helix ASIO....I use my Moto for my Acoustic guitar and Piano and the rest of my gear......jumping back an forth forces me to make all kinds of changes ...... didnt want to do that.

I took a splitter cord and just split my signal coming out of the guitar.....ran one to the Helix and another to a channel in the Moto........not really what i wanted to do...but it gets the job done