Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Firehawk Variax Control

badback

Thinking seriously about buying a Firehawk FX for many reasons. Done a ton of research and weighing up pros and cons. Still using X3 Live but this is slowly falling to bits.

I use X3 Live Variax Control for my JTV-59. Can any one confirm whether Firehawk patches can be set up to select either Variax magnetic pickups or modelled guitars (as with X3/ HD 500)?This is crucial to me as most of my high gain tones utilise the mags for a more authentic crunch.

I would assume this to be the case but would be happier to know for sure.

I think the answer is yes.  Check out the FHFX manual... http://uk.line6.com/data/6/0a064389f12c5564c72bd7f4a/application/pdf/Firehawk%20FX%20User%20Manual%20(Rev%20E)%20-%20English%20(%20Rev%20E%20).pdf

It says 

...Using a Line 6 Variax Firehawk FX supports the use of any Line 6 Variax® instrument via the VARIAX connection on the rear panel. And with any James Tyler® Variax® (JTV) or Variax® Standard instrument, control of alternate tunings and model/magnetic pickup switching are supported as well.....

.... • PICKUP MODE: (On JTV or Variax Standard guitars only.) Allows choosing the Model and Magnetic pickup options. Variax Alternate Tuning options: Use the VARIAX STRING 1- 6 options to edit the pitch offset individually for each string, as described above. The tuning is saved as part of the Firehawk Preset...

Hope that helps.

I have a JTV-59 and Firehawk FX and can absolutely confirm that Firehawk patches (aka presets) let you to choose between magnetic pickups or Variax models. If you prefer, you can also select models, tones and tunings within presets and allow the Firehawk to control the guitar -- handy for changing both Fx and guitar settings simultaneously with a simple toe tap (no fiddling with guitar knobs).

I also own an HD500X plus a legacy XT Live and I love em all. I can tell you that the Firehawk HD and SD tones both sound amazing; the bluetooth interface is incredible; and the multi-coloured toe-switch lights offer an intuitive (and beautiful) experience.

Take the plunge... You'll be glad you did.

• Upvote 1