Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Anyone tried the Berhinger Eurolive speakers?

Tehzim

I found this Berhinger Eurolive B205D and thought it was interesting because you can sit it on the floor or a stand, it has a three band eq, phantom power and some other goodies.  I think it might work for my house set up.  Any of you guys try this or other Berhinger stuff?  I know their pedals are meh.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/B205D

not THAT one... but we use the Eurolive 215 and 212 PA speakers at church.

I think they sound pretty good, not amazing... they are heavy as all get out though...

I don't think I'd even attempt a helix on the 205D... for that $ I'd get a single 8" studio monitor and I'd bet it would be loads better... OR an Alto TS series PA speaker used.

behringer studio/PA stuff is not bad... definitely not as bad as their pedals and stuff(which are not HORRIBLE, but not great either) I'd say their PA stuff is good for the $

They are legendary for not holding up. Behringer has hit the ball out of the park with their x32 and accompanying stuff. Most everything else they make is awful.

Used to be awful. They used all the money they made copying and reverse-engineering other company's stuff to buy some smaller companies making better stuff and their newer items are definitely more than a few steps ahead quality-wise than they were 5-6 years ago. Those powered speakers are seriously underpowered, though.

Don't know about those speakers, but as far as Behringer goes, they're owned by Music Group, "a holding company based in the City of Makati, Metro Manila, Philippines. It is chaired by Uli Behringer, founder of Behringer", and its other companies include .Midas, Klark Teknik, Turbosound, TC Electronic, and Tannoy. It's generally thought that Behringer quality and design sophistication has been improved greatly by cross-pollination with those pretty well respected audio makers.

See here for more info.

• Upvote 1

I think their guitar stuff is generally crap.

their PA/studio stuff is better...

those church speakers have about 8 years into them, and still work great.

we have a small church that we have to set up and tear down every sunday. so those speakers get unloaded/loaded into a trailer over and over... they are HEAVY... and still work great... and imo sound pretty good/natural for music and sound... I was the sound guy on the board until I joined the band. they are a lot of things... tough being one of them.

we used to have a behringer mixer though... that thing was garbage. I guess I'm saying I'd use their speakers, and not much else if I had to..

I agree...

you can also look at the tascam VL-S5... you can get a pair of them for the same or less $ 

I'd say look around and figure out what is best for your budget and needs... I went with a Alto TX10 and a set of studio headphones for my needs...

My problem with the larger speakers is I play in a place with roommates.  I can only play around 75db (yes I measured it) so I want something that will still sound good but not something so big I can't turn it up at all.

My problem with the larger speakers is I play in a place with roommates. I can only play around 75db (yes I measured it) so I want something that will still sound good but not something so big I can't turn it up at all.

I have that same pair of JBL's you mentioned. They're quite good, they have pretty good bass response given their size, and you can crank them up a bit if you want to. You won't be rattling windows in the next county, but that's not what you buy studio monitors for anyway.

I'd get one just to get a small face blast of my signal. attach it to a mic stand. I'd probably draw a face on it and give it a hat, turn it into a stage prop and use it to entertain the audience. Sold.

A buddy of mine has a Eurorack 2000 Poweramp/Mixer that can power a full stack with great volume. I have a couple little Behringer mixers that are very useful and my wife (public school teacher who volunteers time to teach kids basic guitar and drums) acquired a grant and bought Behringer's small Europort PA system which is really a Fender Passport knockoff but WAAAY louder with more features and effects than you need for an application like that. Over the summer it was used as my band room's PA, integrated with my little Behringer Mixer and my Yamaha HS8s, fun for days.

Anyway, Behringer can be hit or miss, more miss than hit once upon a time but they do have some good stuff.

Used to be awful. They used all the money they made copying and reverse-engineering other company's stuff to buy some smaller companies making better stuff and their newer items are definitely more than a few steps ahead quality-wise than they were 5-6 years ago. 

Agreed, they are much better than they used to be. For example, I use a X2442USB mixer and just love it.