Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

V75 Mic, G30 guitar system, G10 guitar system

malcevansmusic

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer advice. I've got both my V75 Mic and G30 guitar system running RF1. My friendly bass player used his G10 system and we had a few issues with sound last night (sound cutting out, devices not working) unless we made sure he turned on his G10 last. What RF does the G10 use? Does it auto select the RF based on others being used? I'm aware of making sure devices are all RF1 or RF2, but can't seem to find any information about the G10 system. Any advice appreciated!

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone can offer advice. I've got both my V75 Mic and G30 guitar system running RF1. My friendly bass player used his G10 system and we had a few issues with sound last night (sound cutting out, devices not working) unless we made sure he turned on his G10 last. What RF does the G10 use? Does it auto select the RF based on others being used? I'm aware of making sure devices are all RF1 or RF2, but can't seem to find any information about the G10 system. Any advice appreciated!

I am not sure what RF band G10 uses, but I don't think knowing that will help you. When you put the G10 transmitter into the base, it scans all frequencies in the wireless range to see what is already running out there, and it chooses one that is not being used. 

Since you cannot configure the G10, you should ALWAYS start that one up last. You want all of your wireless devices up and running before you let G10 auto configure. If you do not, you are firing another device up that is interfering with it after it has already auto configured. The easy way to fix that on G10 is just to re-seat the transmitter into the base unit so it can auto configure again. 

Thanks for your advice. You've confirmed what we established last night in soundcheck and for our first set, but forgot to do again after the first break in the rush to get a trumpet and sax added to our desk. Will remember the sequence for future gigs.

Was really helpful sound checking from the dance floor with my wireless guitar, mic and iPad...

• 3 months later...

Hi all - I'm curious: anyway to use 2 G10 transmitters (for two different guitarist) with a G30 and a G50...?

I will only have one G10 reciver base (doesn't fit into my rack set up, plus the power supply thing is inconvenient  -  got a separate charging cable t remedy - thus the extra steps).

I was thinking one could pair the first G10T, find the same channel on the G30, then turn of the base.

Repeat for the G50 in hopes that it "sees" that the first channel is in use , and picks another to pair the second G10t. Hopefully it is between channel 1 and 12 so the G50 can find it...

I will have this set soon so hoping something like this order of events will work - it seems silly you can't assign the channel!

I'll report back if I can get it to work...

Hi malcevansmusic

The G10 operates on RF2... if one Line 6 TX is using RF2 all other Line6 devices must operate on RF2

There are some tech-notes on Line6 support to tell you how to change all of your TX to RF2

RF1_vs_RF2.jpg

If you have older Firmware, that can only run RF1, you may have to do Firmware updates on the Transmitters and receivers to be able to Transmit on RF2... I've done this on my G30 RX, G50 RX and three G30 TX's

The update is done through Line 6 Monkey Updater... info below courtesy of member Andreas_flf

http://line6.com/support/topic/395-how-to-really-update-the-firmware-of-a-relay-g30-6-channel-receiver-rxs06/

I was thinking one could pair the first G10T, find the same channel on the G30, then turn of the base.

Repeat for the G50 in hopes that it "sees" that the first channel is in use , and picks another to pair the second G10t. Hopefully it is between channel 1 and 12 so the G50 can find it...

Hi Erik, 

I've done that.... I have [3] G30 Transmitters that I used to help lock in a lower channel with the G10T Transmitter..

(NOTE: You will need a G10 Receiver to be able to change the channel on the G10T)

The secret is to have the other transmitters operating at channels that you do not want to use...

1. I turned on all [3] G30 Transmitters tuned to Transmit on Channels 4, 5, and 6

2. I inserted the first G10T into the G10 Receiver Base and it locked to Channel 1 which I used with my G30 Receiver on Channel 1

3. I plugged the first G10T into a guitar so that it would continue to transmit on Channel 1

4. I inserted the second G10T into the G10 Receiver Base and it locked to Channel 3 which I used with my G50 Receiver on Channel 3

If you have a G50 Transmitter, you can transmit and block out channels above Channel 6 that the G30 Transmitter can't do.

Also, it helps to turn off WiFi in your phone and laptop and turn off your WiFi router... since there will be less 2.4 GHz interference the G10 Receiver will pick lower channels.

I hope this helps!

seeya

Joe

• Upvote 1