Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Downloaded Patches don't play?

cboshdave

I am really excited about the HD500x.  I realize that building patches is part of the experience.  But I am a little pressed for time immediately.  Prior to purchase, I checked and there was a patch for the Cult - She Sells Sanctuary.    When I downloaded the patch but no sound comes out.  Others I downloaded are working fine!  

So, I suppose I don't know how the 4CM is supposed to affect the tone?

I also tried to search.  I am happy to purchase the patch if someone knows where to find it?

I had the same experience with U2 Vertigo.

Still getting to know the setup, etc.  

Thanks,

cboshdave

I am really excited about the HD500x. I realize that building patches is part of the experience. But I am a little pressed for time immediately. Prior to purchase, I checked and there was a patch for the Cult - She Sells Sanctuary. When I downloaded the patch but no sound comes out. Others I downloaded are working fine!

So, I suppose I don't know how the 4CM is supposed to affect the tone?

I also tried to search. I am happy to purchase the patch if someone knows where to find it?

I had the same experience with U2 Vertigo.

Still getting to know the setup, etc.

Thanks,

cboshdave

99.97% of other people's patches will get you nowhere, and for God's sake don't pay anybody for them...

You will find out very quickly that the list of variables that affect your tone is of biblical length, much of it attributed to whatever amp/speakers you're playing through... but everything from the guitar to the room you're sitting in will affect what you hear. And since you have no idea under what conditions someone else's patch was created, what guitar was used, was he monitoring through an amp, headphones, studio monitors, etc...and most importantly at what volume was it dialed in...the odds of anything you find on Customtone sounding even remotely like it's description is nearly zero. You might be able to learn a few tips about how others go about creating their patches, but just because Earl from Des Moines thinks that he's nailed the tone from Sonic Temple doesn't mean it won't sound like Dueling Banjos when you load it up on your rig.

The learning curve tends to be a bit long with the POD, but the sounds are in there. You will have to spend a fair amount of time finding them, however. Customtone may seem like a shortcut, but it really isn't. Mostly, it's a waste of time. If you can get that patch to play, you'll see what I mean. Check the input settings...Input 1 should be set to guitar, and Input 2 to mic or aux, anything but guitar, as this doubles the input signal hitting the amp model and tends to make everything messy.

Yeah best go on you tube and follow along on guys making patches you like.

It is easy to do onboard or in EDIT software. Some patches are for Variaxe guitars in and some are for DT amps and can get confusing to work them until you got a ahandle on the unit.

Buckled down and created my first patch.  Took 3 hours because I was learning!  I think I have a decent patch for She Sells Sanctuary intro.  Uploaded it just to see what the community rates it at.  I know if is geared for my guitar and setup, etc.  Was also able to make the other one work by removing the FX Output section which i suppose feeds the 4 Cable method.  Maybe someone will find this useful.  It's a small suggestion, but I was VERY short on time.