Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Apps

smokingaces

Maybe I'm stupid because I'm 72-years old, but according to the manual that came with my Spider V 120....on line 17 it says you can connect and I quote "MAC/PC/ANDROID/ USB B port - Connect a Mac/PC or Android  device (with OTG adapter) whatever that is, to edit tones , update, playback, and record audio.

Well I've already determined that they lied about using the PC as an editor, because there is no PC editor. But what is an Android with OTG adapter, is there a name for the APP, because they don't say?  

I have no clue as to what these people are talking about anymore. I have no smart phone I-pad, or POD, and at my age I'm running out of time to learn new crap, so can someone explain what they are talking about?

I do have a tablet with android, is there an app for that? What's it called?

Maybe I'm stupid because I'm 72-years old, but according to the manual that came with my Spider V 120....on line 17 it says you can connect and I quote "MAC/PC/ANDROID/ USB B port - Connect a Mac/PC or Android  device (with OTG adapter) whatever that is, to edit tones , update, playback, and record audio.

Well I've already determined that they lied about using the PC as an editor, because there is no PC editor. But what is an Android with OTG adapter, is there a name for the APP, because they don't say?  

I have no clue as to what these people are talking about anymore. I have no smart phone I-pad, or POD, and at my age I'm running out of time to learn new crap, so can someone explain what they are talking about?

I do have a tablet with android, is there an app for that? What's it called?

Hey smokingaces!

As phil-m stated, they just released a PC version of the Spider V Remote...called Spider V Remote.

The cable that came with your Spider V is a USB Type B (amp side) to USB Type A Plug.  Obviously, the Type a plug cannot plug into your Android tablet and that's why you need an OTG cable. The OTG cable will have a USB Type A receptacle on one end with a connector that will plug into your phone on the other end.  What type of connector you need on the OTG cable depends on what type of tablet or phone you are using.  In my case, I need a Type A receptacle to a USB Type C so it would plug into my Nexus 6p phone.

I hope this helps you out a little.  The Spider V is a fun little amp that has a ton of possibilities.

Take care! 

What's the name of that editor, because I still don't see any PC editor for the v120

As stated above, it's called Spider V Remote. It should show up in the software link as long as you select one of the Spider V models in the left pull down menu.

ryUtiXh.png

Thanks.a lot. I got it, and it's up and running!

I just cant keep up with this crap anymore. I was trying to use the line 6 updater today, and it keeps telling me my pass word is wrong. Yet i can get to my account , and I've changed the password, but when I go back to the editor it just keeps telling me the password is wrong. More fun and games.

I just don't get why all these companies need these passwords for everything . You can't use the software, unless you have the hardware. And the people who can steal their crap will, but thy  keep harassing those who do it the right way.

Anyway; thanks a lot.  The best thing about the internet, is that you can always find someone who knows more then you do,, and actually listens to you.