Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FX block, 4 cable method Loud buzz when stomp is on.

alienmusician

Hey guys! So I'm encountering a very bad loud buzz. Let me explain. So im using the 4 cable method cause I want to be able to use the clean sound from my Blues Deville. I turned off all cab/amps sim, etc. Made sure that I was in line mode and also checked the ground lift. Anywho, so I saw in 2 videos that the fx loop block should be placed in before the amp. So I got a good clean sound, then I added delays and chorus, etc. But once i got to stomp, there it was, loud AF buzz coming from the amp. Now I moved the stomp block before the amp and it went away and the stomp sound wasnt quite right, then I turned off the stomp and the clean sound went to lollipop, sounded muddy and distorted. Then moved the stomp block after the amp again, the clean sound was back. Now going back and forth with fx loop block, lowering send/return volume, with the mix, etc. I cannot get the loud buzz away. I tried different amps and is the same issue. I tried the amp/line button and nothing, if i leave it on amp mode the overall volume lowers itself. Stomp mode button doesnt do anything either. I saw on the line 6 forum, only person wrote about the same issue. Has anyone ever encountered this? Or better yet has some input to provide to fix it? Thanks in advanced.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the best results with the firehawk fx loop placed between volume and mod/delay block. No Amp/Cab sim, fx loop in stomp mode output in line mode, fx send and return level at 0 db, overall volume (the big knob) at 9 o'clock. If you want to use the FH amp sim you can turn of the FH fx loop to bypass the pteamp of your real amp. FH fx send to amp guitar in; guitaramp fx send to FH fx return; FH main oout to guitaramp fx return. Sounds great!