Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Put this little experiment together - Helix Floor vs Helix Native

PeterJH

I put this track together using the Helix Floor Hardware version plugged into the DAW (Sonar Platinum) and then created the same track using Helix Native.

I used my Plexi Crunch Patch and played the parts separately. I've tried to match the levels as best as I can but other than that there was no post processing.

I brought my patch into Helix Native and tracked the parts. I set up my audio interface so that there was no latency and played as though I was using the hardware Helix.

I then re tracked the parts with the same patch in the Helix Floor and recorded them again.

I'm really impressed with how close these tones are (I know that Line 6 has said that they're supposed to be identical but I just had to see for myself)

Cheers

Peter.

Helix Native

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/helix-native-plexi-crunch-1

Helix Floor

https://soundcloud.com/peter-john-hanmer/helix-plexi-crunch

Nice track. I can hear just a tiny bit more upper mids (around 2k) on the Native clip but otherwise, pretty similar.

Is there a difference in feel between the two? If yes, is it significant?

Thanks for doing this, by the way.

Yes, I agree. The Native clip does have a slight increase in upper mid. It could have something to do with different input levels as it's very tricky to get them identical.

From a feel point of view, once I'd found the correct input level on Native, it felt pretty similar. It all depends on your audio interface latency. I managed to get mine to just about nothing.

Cheers.

• Upvote 1