Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Expanding Shuriken Product line(?)

abaxe

Don't hold your breath. Variax guitars in general don't exactly fly off the shelves, much less one with a baritone scale neck and styled to appeal to a very specific demographic. I'm a bit surprised they made it at all...and judging by the fact that days to weeks routinely go by without any posts in the Shuriken forum, I'd say guys aren't exactly lining up to get one.

Don't hold your breath. Variax guitars in general don't exactly fly off the shelves, much less one with a baritone scale neck and styled to appeal to a very specific demographic. I'm a bit surprised they made it at all...and judging by the fact that days to weeks routinely go by without any posts in the Shuriken forum, I'd say guys aren't exactly lining up to get one.

I don't disagree with this but it's interesting to check out the Facebook page "Shuriken Guitars". Recently there were some posts asking about preferred other finishes and also which bridge to use for a regular scale Shuriken (should it ever be made...). May not happen at all but it at least shows people are thinking about it. And that there are more than 6000 people following that page...

• 1 month later...

How many come here to talk about a guitar without playing it first?

"... wondering if we might ever see the Shuriken with different woods or finishes"---

Charles Cilia's prototype (Stevic's guitar builder) Shuriken has a cocobolo neck,

rosewood fret board, and I'll have to ask him again what the body was (I forgot).

There a Shuriken Facebook page for those looking for one of his. A photo of me

playing the prototype when it was here for some of my electronics tweaks.

His and our versions,.... nice guitars. Line 6 version has a mix of Stevic model patches

and the usual models.

• 4 months later...

https://www.facebook.com/shurikenguitars/videos/1741058555925484/

Get a peek of this live feed that they did at NAMM 2018. A couple of these are sweet. I own a JTV59 and a Helix. I don't prefer black guitars but I would gladly pick up a Shuriken in that red transparent finish with that crazy grain underneath. The UV finish is also kinda cool.

"... wondering if we might ever see the Shuriken with different woods or finishes"---

Charles Cilia's prototype (Stevic's guitar builder) Shuriken has a cocobolo neck,

rosewood fret board, and I'll have to ask him again what the body was (I forgot).

His and our versions,.... nice guitars. Line 6 version has a mix of Stevic model patches

and the usual models.

I wonder how many Line 6 Service Engineers actually know (whether we have played the Shuriken or not), when we might expect to see those NAMM color versions in the video above, to hit the market???

and the usual models.

I am because it looks great and based on videos I've seen about not only Shuriken but Variax guitars they seem really cool especially since I now have a Helix... It's not like I can try one out at Guitar Center... I've never even seen on in person... just sayin'

from Zzounds,

Thanks for this email! We currently do not have information in regards
to whether or not we will have listings of the Shuriken's variant
colors. Feel free to check back on our site periodically. Typically new
items like this our featured in our newsletter - feel free to sign up
if you haven't already! Hope this helps. Thanks from zZounds.com!

Wouldn't know that myself about Zzounds. Maybe they just had to say something. 

And of course, sign up for the newsletter. Good way to stay current at least, like the

Forum here.

Doing Shurikens with different wood bodies or paint jobs being shown at the NAMM was great.

There was voting on which version people liked the best.

• 4 weeks later...

The bursts were killer. As were the other finishes. Other than the chameleon burst or whatever it was called. I preferred them all to the stock flat black model. If there was a non-baritone model with some less metal looking finishes (none too black \m/); I'd be very inclined to give it a go!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 3/9/2018 at 11:34 AM, psarkissian said:

If I don't know what we'll end up with, you can bet Zzounds will know even less.

Well, they did me right on my Jem purchase, was set up perfectly and shipped fast. I can't complain abt them.

On 3/9/2018 at 11:50 AM, cruisinon2 said:

But they'll be more than happy to make something up...😉

I think some peeps just like to lollipop. Grats yer a full member now just like me.

• 1 month later...

Definitely interested in a Shuriken with quilted veneer charcoal burst and/or a spalted veneer natural black burst satin finish.  Both with satin necks ideally.

EDIT:  Specifically the SR250.  Would prefer a normal headstock vs reverse, but that's ok.  Really looking for a modern double cutaway next-gen Variax.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...