Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Having trouble saving presets in Helix Native

AdInfinitum

I dowloaded some third party presets to load in the user slots. For example, i downloaded a Spirit of Radio patch (awesome patch although should use a Hiwatt). I changed the flanger to EHEM model (used live on tour, but not in the studio of TSOR (in fact, when i asked Terry Brown what he used a Loft Flanger. Any how, the save function allows one to save to library, save to disk. I save the patch to disk and library and then i try copying and pasting in the user list to a free spot, the patch shows up in the new slot, but it is the original unedited patch.

A little help here!

There's also a third area where presets are stored - the DAW session file which retains the preset settings as they were when you closed and saved the DAW program, whether or not you specifically saved this preset in either the disk or Helix Native Library. So you can potentially have different versions of a preset with the same name in three different locations: the Save to Disk location, the Helix Native Preset Library, and a DAW session file.

• 3 months later...

I created a preset in Setlist 3 using one of the factory presets as a starting point. After I modified the preset I hit the 'Save' icon, Helix asks if I want to overwrite the existing preset and I click yes, When I get out of that preset and back in, its not saved. I realize I can save the preset to a file but I really want to have a user preset library available. Having to open a bunch of saved preset files would get unwieldly. I did screen captures and tried attaching them here in a Word doc but the Forum doesn't seem to like Word attachments.