Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Tuner accuracy

ponsolle

I had a bit of a panic moment with my tuner this morning... Plugged In, went to fine-tune and despite the fact that the guitar was basically in tune it was indicating extremely Sharp....

Took me a couple minutes to figure out that when I entered tuning mode I had drug a patch cable across the knob that adjusts the tuning frequency and moved it to 432 versus the usual A-440...

For a minute I thought "damn the tuner issue"!!

Otherwise I'very had zero issues with it.

I had a bit of a panic moment with my tuner this morning... Plugged In, went to fine-tune and despite the fact that the guitar was basically in tune it was indicating extremely Sharp....

Took me a couple minutes to figure out that when I entered tuning mode I had drug a patch cable across the knob that adjusts the tuning frequency and moved it to 432 versus the usual A-440...

For a minute I thought "damn the tuner issue"!!

Otherwise I'very had zero issues with it.

Lol...with any sudden weirdness, I always assume user error until it's proven otherwise. My personal favorite is trying to chase down the cause of complete silence after I've powered everything up...plugging in the guitar seems to help with that. ;)

• Upvote 2

Lol...with any sudden weirdness, I always assume user error until it's proven otherwise. My personal favorite is trying to chase down the cause of complete silence after I've powered everything up...plugging in the guitar seems to help with that. ;)

I cannot tell you how often I've found myself messing around with cables and pedals only to realize my guitar wasn't plugged in.

• 5 years later...
On 8/2/2023 at 6:12 PM, fazz1977 said:

The HX tuner is NOT accurate... not even close, it's sharp, hence why my pitchblack stays on my bass board.

My Peterson would disagree with your Pitchblack ... I have no discrepancy between the Helix and Peterson. 

As stated in another post you've contributed to... check your calibration. While you are at it, make sure offsets are not set or just turn them off completely. 

On 8/3/2023 at 12:12 AM, fazz1977 said:

The HX tuner is NOT accurate... not even close, it's sharp, hence why my pitchblack stays on my bass board.

Just when everyone thought this subject was dead and buried, you have resurrected 3 separate, many years old threads. 

Not sure if I can smell zombie, or troll?