Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Question regarding S/PDIF use.

tedulrich

Is it only possible to assign the S/PDIF jacks as input and output blocks, and not as a loop in the middle of a path?  I'm not 100% familiar with the format, but I have an opportunity to pick up a piece of outboard gear that has a digital I/O option, and I figured using that as an FX loop or send return block(s) would be better than making another A/D/A conversion through one of the standard 1/4" loops.  I just can't seem to make that option appear.  I can make it work with the input and output blocks, it just makes my routing a little less flexible. 

• 3 years later...

I want to use SPDIF from the helix grid, guitar input to helix, go out via SPDIF send to AFX3, come back into helix via SPDIF return, then go through helix amp/cab, then use the analog send/return to go back out to AFX3 for post fx. 

line 6 dudes, is there any technical limitation that keeps SPDIF from being accessible as a send/return source? if the other device is the same clock freq and it's DSP to DSP it would be a zero latency fx loop right? thanks all

that's it, thanks, just want to get at some AFX3 pre effects kept digital no latency but needs to be after helix input and drives/mods to keep the right input modelling interaction of helix, then helix amp/cab, then any more post effects can be analog fx loop