Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix Rack Seems To Get Quieter Over Time

jackwagner

I used my Helix Rack at a gig last Friday. The unit was on for a total of about 3 hours. For this band, I use just 1 preset for the entire gig. After 5 or 6 songs, I noticed my bass was not loud enough. I don't think it was related to ear fatigue (I use earplugs) or the rest of the band getting louder (only 1 guitar player and he used a plexiglass shield to control volume). At first I just turned up my volume a bit, but it seemed to happen again later. I switched to a different preset and then back to my original preset and it was noticeably louder.

Anybody else experience this? I haven't noticed this with the other band that I play with. I have another gig tonight so I will keep an eye on it.

--jack

This sounds similar to this: http://line6.com/support/topic/24970-mark-iv-model-loss-of-gain-after-extended-playing-session/

I maybe open a support ticket.

Oooh, thank you very much for this! This might be exactly what is happening with my preset. I will need to check, but I recall having to dial the bass control way back because it was so boomy.

Again, thank you very much!

--jack

This sounds similar to this: http://line6.com/support/topic/24970-mark-iv-model-loss-of-gain-after-extended-playing-session/

I maybe open a support ticket.

An update on this issue...I did indeed have an amp block with the bass set to 0.0 for the preset that was causing the volume issue. I increased the bass to 1.0 and the problem went away. Thank you very much!

--jack

An update on this issue...I did indeed have an amp block with the bass set to 0.0 for the preset that was causing the volume issue. I increased the bass to 1.0 and the problem went away. Thank you very much!

--jack

Glad to hear you got it working. The bug still remains though. Out of curiosity, what amp was giving you troubles?

The other one posted about the same issue, but it was a different amp model, Mesa MkIV I think. I wonder if they all do it with bass set at 0. 

I don't know, but adjusting bass off 0 worked for me. I wonder what the threshold is. I will try 0.1 to see if that works :)

--jack