Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

electric violin through HELIX

jimimidi

I'll be using it with my bassoon. Probably great with electric violin. In another thread there was discussion of using the aux input for piezoelectric pickups, so if you have one of those instead of a magnetic coil, try the aux input for possibly better results.

There is a user on this forum that plays electric violin, but I can't remember who. The Helix will handle any instrument with piezo or magnetic pickups. The Helix Floor and Rack also have a mic input so you can mic any acoustic instrument. 

I use my Helix for electric violin.  I previously used the HD500 for years, which was my first modeler.  I play a Barbera-equipped Jensen 5-string, and an NS Wav 4-string.  Both get plugged into an LR Baggs Gigpro preamp, before going into the main instrument input.  Custom-tuned acoustic violin IR, instead of amp models or cab IRs.  I use Digitech pedals for octaver, but all other effects are in the Helix.