Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Pod Edit Shows "no Line 6 Device Connected":

Hi guys.  I have had my PodHD400 for nearly a year and have only recently tried using Pod HD400 Edit.  The problem is that I have downloaded and installed everything, yet it will not recognize the input, even though my computer does, and I can record into Garageband (although the sounds aren't anywhere near as good as when it is coming out of my amp?).  I have checked all the settings and it should be right.  Help please.  Thanks.

...  I have checked all the settings and it should be right.  Help please. .....

This makes it a little difficult to help because we don't have much info. If indeed, the settings are all correct then there could be a hardware problem and you will need to take the device (or your computer) in for repair.

However it is quite possible that there is a problem with settings or setup, and we will be able to help if we have more info. Please describe exactly your setup - all pieces of equipment you are using - and how you did the installation. Does Line 6 Monkey recognize your HD400? Are you using a separate audio interface? How are you monitoring your sound? What output mode are you using? .... etc., etc.

Also, make sure you are using a USB 2.0 post.  Many of the newer computers (like mine) come with a ton of USB 3.0 ports, but only a few USB 2.0 ports.  I was having a similar difficulty until I switched ports.  I don't know if this will solve your issue, but it's worth a try.

• Upvote 1

• 4 years later...

I know this is an old post but I was having this problem and I did a MIDI dump and BAM power cycled it and the computer seen it. I reinstalled driver like 3 times, tried different ports, computers, cables, ect and doing a MIDI dump worked.