Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

External Tap Control

jimbob0898

I am pretty certain this is not possible but thought I would ask.

Is it possible for the Helix to send a tap tempo signal out, via the CV I assume, to a pedal that has a tap tempo in 1/4" socket like the new TC Flashback 2?

I could just get a bog standard footswtch to do it but would rather use the Helix if possible.

• 3 months later...

I finally figured how to achieve this today with the help of an Arduino.

In the command centre I set the tap switch to CV toggle, then used that signal to an Arduino which I programmed to do a pulse with each toggle, then sent that to an analogue switch IC which replicates the tap footswitch and sends the signal on to the Flashback.

Happy days, also the analogue switch IC has three more outs so I can do it to other pedals as well if needed.

246w1eo.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hello guys!

I have a question and am not sure if you answered it yet.

I want my Helix tap tempo to be controled by an external tap tempo coming from an other tap tempo's delay pedal. The aime is that my tap tampo, from the helix, will change with the tap tempo of the external pedal. And the connection is through a jack gettin out of the external pedal.

Any ideas? I didn't find any solutions yet.
Thank you guys! You would help me so much here^^

See ya!
Cyril

Can't do it the way I think you want to do it.

The only way to set the Helix's tempo is via MIDI. You can either slave the Helix's MIDI clock to an external MIDI clock source (or v/v - use the Helix as the master) or send CC#64 "tap" messages to the Helix.