Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Helix - Midi - Mesa Boogie Triple Crown

boyerclan6

Here's my set up, I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Crown, I'm using the Helix with the 4CM, I have it figured out that to switch the channels on the Triple Crown you go into Progam Mode, you choose a "program" that gives you random midi signals to switch the channels with various combinations. Example, program 17 switches to channel 2 and turns on the FX loop.  Program 4 switches to channel 3, turns on the FX and the boost, etc.

Here's the issue I'm running into.  As for the channel switching, it's GREAT.. but, if I assign a switch to be "channel 1, channel 2" etc, The LED light around the switch does not turn on and off with the channels, like in the same fashion a footswitch pedal would work.  If I was just using the three channels exclusively, that would be fine, but I have OD's that I implement through my set up and It's challenging to keep straight. 

I have yet to go the snap shot route, but based on what I've read, the snapshot feature doesn't play well with the program/bank midi mode.

Any thoughts?

Here's my set up, I have a Mesa Boogie Triple Crown, I'm using the Helix with the 4CM, I have it figured out that to switch the channels on the Triple Crown you go into Progam Mode, you choose a "program" that gives you random midi signals to switch the channels with various combinations. Example, program 17 switches to channel 2 and turns on the FX loop.  Program 4 switches to channel 3, turns on the FX and the boost, etc.

Here's the issue I'm running into.  As for the channel switching, it's GREAT.. but, if I assign a switch to be "channel 1, channel 2" etc, The LED light around the switch does not turn on and off with the channels, like in the same fashion a footswitch pedal would work.  If I was just using the three channels exclusively, that would be fine, but I have OD's that I implement through my set up and It's challenging to keep straight. 

I have yet to go the snap shot route, but based on what I've read, the snapshot feature doesn't play well with the program/bank midi mode.

Any thoughts?

Throw in a generic effect model like simple EQ, make sure it is flat so it effectively doesn't do anything, assign it to your channel change foot switch, and your LED indicator should come on/off when you press it. 

I will give that a shot then. Thank you!

Just be sure you set the MIDI Global preference.

Set Helix MIDI Global Settings by going to Menu Button > Global Settings > MIDI/Tempo > MIDI PC Send (Page 2) > Off

Here is a link for using MIDI switching with a JVM. I'm not familiar with the Mesa, you probably have a matrix for PC messages, with message numbers, rather than having the amp "learn" the PC message number like the JVM.