Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Record Helix, Computer Audio, and Video at the same time

Sorry if this has been asked, I did search the forums and couldn't find anything.  I have been playing guitar for 5+ years but new to the recording thing.

I am trying to make a guitar video using helix and playing with a backing track.

My set up is.

Helix USB to MAC OS Sierra.  External Monitors/headphones and guitar plugged into Helix.  I have my mac system preferences for sound set to input and output - Line 6 Helix.  Everything works good and sounds decent for the most part while playing.  The issue is when I try and make a recording

I am trying to use screenflow 7 to record a video of me playing while playing a backing track in itunes and guitar through the helix.  Screenflow does not support recording from a USB device so this is not working.  It will record Helix and  my video but not the itunes backing track because it is being routing through Helix and not the internal microphone.  

What is a good set up to use to record a video of me playing(using MAC OS Sierra), Playing guitar through Helix and my monitors plugged into Helix, and a Itunes backing track at the same time.    Is their a better way or a different program besides screenflow.  I don't mind spending a little money if I need to but don't want to break the bank.  I see tons of guitar video/covers online so their has to be an easy way to do this.

I agree with Triryche - import the backing tracks into a DAW (Reaper Cubase, Logic, whatever), record the Helix audio into the DAW at the same time you are recording video with SF7, then mix/render the DAW tracks to WAV or MP3 and then put that audio track into SF7.