Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FBV 3 - default tones?

Urmph

Hi

I recently bought an FBV3 to go along with my Amplifi 75. I plugged it all in and it all worked just fine. I then started to create some tones and save them to the tone banks. However, I got myself into a pickle as the Amplifi app kept crashing while I was creating the tones and it was proving to be a monumental waste of time. You just expect stuff to work. I decided to reset the Amplifi 75 and ever since then 24 of the banks are full of great tones for specific songs like Master of Puppets or a bank for metal, jass, blues, or specific amps etc. I can't see any indication that this is all standard stuff and the Amplifi never had them stored when I bought it from gear4music. The FBV 3 was sold as new from a guitar shop but it was clearly pre-owned when I got it. Does the FBV3 store anything in it? As I thought it it just relayed what was stored in the amp. It looks as if someone has gone to a lot of trouble to create all these great tones (there's 96 of them)

I'm not complaining as there are loads of great tones in there.

.... Does the FBV3 store anything in it? ....

No. The FBV3 stores no tones; it's just a controller as you suspected. The tones you are referring to are the factory presets in the Amplifi device which were restored when you reset it. Not sure why they weren't there earlier - they had to have been deleted at some point.

I've subsequently found this list:

http://line6.com/data/6/0a06439c99f353c8203e8a923/application/pdf/AMPLIFi_FactoryPresets%20v1.0%20-%20English%20%28%20Rev%20A%20%29.pdf

Last night I started to write them out then got bored so that's saved me some time. lol.

Odd that my 75 only had bank 1 tones and all the others were blank. It was new from a sealed box. Had I not reset it I'd never have 'discovered' them.  

• 3 weeks later...

I recently bought the FBV 3 to use with my Spider Jam amp. When I switch presets only the bank number (1A, 1B, 1CA ,etc.) changes but the name of the preset does not. Or If I go in to the tuner mode the tuner will come up, but when I switch out of the tuner it does not change back to the preset name. It just leaves the marks from the tuner on the screen. The function changes but the screen doesn't. Anyone else had this problem?