Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

New Helix LT owner, major Volume/EXP pedal issue.

nib2000

Hey guys,

New Helix LT owner here (still withing return period), been hd500x user for years.

Here is my problem.

This is how I used to operate Hd500x:

I would setup my presets (doesn't matter what's inside really), balance the levels to my liking, and then add a volume block at the end of each preset tied to expression pedal. This way I had sort of a master volume on my HD no matter which preset I am in. I knew that if I need to dial myself down, I will still be in balance volume-wise once I jump to another preset.

Now with Helix, It seems to totally ignore the fact that I have set EXP1 and EXP2 position set to be Global, and when I switch between presets, it sets volume block pedal position to whatever it was when I saved it. IT DOESN'T apply the actual position of the pedal upon switching between presets.

What do I do here? I MUST be able to control my overall unit level, and it just worked on HD500x. 

FYI, before I created any sounds on it, I went ahead and upgraded to 2.21 software, so all my patches are "native" 2.21.

Am I missing something here?

LOVE the unit, but this is becoming a showstopper. Giant volume jumps when going from preset to preset, not usable.

Any help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, with EXP1 and EXP2 set to global, it should behave the way you're wanting it... The only thing I can think of is making sure that you are consistent with which one you're using to control the volume pedal. If you have the volume pedal set to be controlled by EXP2 preset and EXP1 in another, that could cause a discrepancy. Also, the state of the on-board expression pedal (whether it's controlling EXP1 or EXP2) is saved with the snapshot/preset, so it is possible that you could have a different one active in the preset you're going to... That's all I can think of.

It could be a bug, but 2.21 has been out for awhile, and this is the first I've heard of this. It seems like something that would have come up by now.

Yeah, I went though all my sounds and made sure it's EXP2 across the board for a volume block.

I am literally watching volume block settings when switching - I could be on 15%, switch to another preset and be on 45% without even touching the pedal.

Maybe I need to do a factory rest and see what happens

Reinstalled 2.21 firmware, did factory reset, the same thing.

I happened to have a line 6 expression pedal for hd500x laying around, and the issue doesn't happen when I assign my volume blocks to that!

Not sure if its a bug or I just got a dud, but I guess its gonna have to go back( 

Reinstalled 2.21 firmware, did factory reset, the same thing.

I happened to have a line 6 expression pedal for hd500x laying around, and the issue doesn't happen when I assign my volume blocks to that!

Not sure if its a bug or I just got a dud, but I guess its gonna have to go back( 

Open a ticket with support... They'll get you sorted

• 2 weeks later...