Sign in to follow this  
ronballllllls

Input reduction after >30 minutes on the same preset?

I’ve noticed on a couple occasions that my input volume is dramatically reduced after not changing any preset settings. I’ll Start playing again and it’s as if my guitars volume knob is at 2 (when it’s at 10). I do have input gate toggled.

The problem goes away when switching to a different preset, then switching back.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

known issue. On some mesa amps, especially if bass is turned down. I guess a fix should come in next update?

• Upvote 1

Might not be just Helix. My Firehawk does this on at least one patch, a Plexi Bright HD model with mids all the way up...

It is so gradual, I thought I was going (more) crazy, but then I noticed the background hum would suddenly jump up after a quick back and forth preset switching event. Since my patch is only lightly gated, this is a sure telltale that gain is gradually falling off and then getting restored when I toggle patches.

This is a bug with the Mesa Amp models (Mk IV I believe). If you have bass set at 0, you get this phenomenon. 

• Upvote 1

known issue. On some mesa amps, especially if bass is turned down. I guess a fix should come in next update?

Ahh thank you. Yes I have the bass turned almost completely down. Glad to hear I’m not the only one! I was worried my unit was defective

This is a bug with the Mesa Amp models (Mk IV I believe). If you have bass set at 0, you get this phenomenon.

Thank you, I am using the Mk IV with the bass turned way down. Hope to see this fixed with the next patch!

This is a known bug and is documented in the Native Release Notes:

http://line6.com/support/topic/29033-helix-native-101-release-notes/

And in this thread:

http://line6.com/support/topic/24970-mark-iv-model-loss-of-gain-after-extended-playing-session/

The bug is also present in other amps including Mesa bass amps, not just the Mk IV.

Hopefully there will be a fix in the next firmware version.

--jack

• Upvote 1