Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Is it possible to automate patch changes in Native?

VSCRL

Hey everyone.

I'm trying to automate guitar effect changes (not just turning on or off delay or reverb, but changing from a distortion patch to a clean patch to a wah patch, etc) in Helix Native using Logic Pro X & MIDI and I'm not sure how I can accomplish this. I've spent a few days and can't seem to get anything to work. I've tried to use automation lanes in Logic or use automation within Helix Native - but no success yet. Any thoughts?

If all else fails, I'll end up buying the Helix Rack instead. If I do, does anyone know how to go about automating guitar effect changes with the Rack & MIDI within Logic? Or have you seen a clear tutorial on here or on YouTube? I can't find much of anything online (at least content that makes sense to a MIDI and DAW newbie).

Any help is really appreciated!

Thanks!

You can't do it from the Native itself.

I'm not familiar with Ableton but you can probably save presets or states of a plugin.

And if you can, you maybe also able to change those presets or saved states using automation or midi.

That's how I do it with Reaper and works great.

I should've specified that I was looking to do this live. I think you can CC change in Logic, but I don't know much about any of those features or how to make them call a specific patch at a certain time.

Well...

I'm not familiar with logic.

In Reaper you definitly have that option.

You can save states of plugins and link each saved state to a program chance which can be used in automation or with an external controller live.

It's more a DAW issue so maybe you can get help with some logic users.

If you want to know exactly how it works in Reaper I can post some pictures for you to see.

(I don't know if I can post screenshots of Reaper in here...)