Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Powering A Variax

synaptictonality

Thinking about buy a POD HD500X in the near future but I do have a question about it.

Will the HD500X 'power' my JTV-69 Variax in a similar manner as Line 6's Variax Cabled Power Kit (charged battery not required)?

If the HD500X cannot independently power my JTV, can it be cabled in the path with the Variax Cabled Power Kit? And if so in what position (before or after the POD)?

Yes, a VDI cable connected to your HD500x will power a Variax, and it will allow provide digital control over your Variax from HD500x stored presets.

A seperate cable/power kit for Variax is also available too allow you to avoid needing batteries. This is not connected to your HD500 and offers no digital control.

OK, great! So If I buy the POD HD500X I don't have to worry about batteries dieing out on me because the POD powers the Variax directly and I don't have to purchase the Cable Power Kit if I plan on using a POD for power, only if I run conventional pedals. Right? Thanks Uber Guru for a fast reply!

Thanks! A VDI cable came with the JTV-69 when I bought it from Sweetwater.com. Can't wait to get a POD HD500X!

I was thinking about also buying the DT-25 amp to have the 'Dream Rig' but I'm on the fence because of the issues voiced in these forums - maybe I'd be better off with a Dr Z 18 to go with HD 500X and my JTV-69...

don't use the cable that came with your JTV....

its really short.. but besides that it onle protects on end of the cable.. a proper VDI will have that protective neutriks cover on both ends.

Thanks! A VDI cable came with the JTV-69 when I bought it from Sweetwater.com. Can't wait to get a POD HD500X!

I was thinking about also buying the DT-25 amp to have the 'Dream Rig' but I'm on the fence because of the issues voiced in these forums - maybe I'd be better off with a Dr Z 18 to go with HD 500X and my JTV-69...

OK, great! So If I buy the POD HD500X I don't have to worry about batteries dieing out on me because the POD powers the Variax directly and I don't have to purchase the Cable Power Kit if I plan on using a POD for power, only if I run conventional pedals. Right? Thanks Uber Guru for a fast reply!

but be aware that you still need batteries for the 500hdx it uses 67 "AAA" batteries and will last you almost an hour.

Yes this was a bit of silliness.....ignore please...