Sign in to follow this  
mingyi

More versatile routing as audio interface

Sorry for my poor English

Helix has so many physical inputs and outs,but its routing options are far too limited, unlike other professional audio interfaces which can basically route any input to any output 。Now if I want to use helix to play programmed samples or to create a monitor mix to feed my IEM,it is impossible to do that without taking up a processing path(but we have two guitarists each take up a path ),and the routing would change if you switch presets。I wish helix could come up with a dedicate routing mixer section,routing statues can be global regardless of preset change,so we can take full advantage of these physical inputs and outs。This functionality would allow us to ditch our audio interfaces and really simplify our live rigs!

I also put this in ideascale

https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/911447

Exactly what routing scheme are you trying to accomplish? 

Keep in mind, the Helix is a guitar/bass rig and is not intended to be an all encompassing mixer/router for the studio/live environment. All of those inputs and outputs are designed for instruments, effects, and connecting to mixers/amps/DAWs. 

"Because this device cannot efficiently perform functions for which it was not designed, therefore it is 'limited' ". Ugh...roughly akin to complaining that you can't sky dive from a submarine.

Next!

unlike other professional audio interfaces which can basically route any input to any output

Please name some, that have a Marshall, Fender, and Hiwatt amp and cabs with effects included...