Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Amplifi Issue with iOS 11

Bujin

I use the 2.60.2 last app with the 2.60 firmware (2.61 do NOT exist). 

Then it always displays "device not connected" with my iPhone but works fine with a friends iPhone+ with the same configuration. Both phones have been updated to ios11. Someone knows how to fix it?

I was having the same issue with ios 11 (play music through the amp, but not connected so I couldn't control any settings).  And 11.0.1 wasn't helping either.  Wasn't sure if the Line 6 app wasn't working with ios 11, or ios 11 broke something.  The app and my Amplifi 150 are both up to the latest versions.  Still no luck.  

My android phone worked fine with my amp.  

I just upgraded to ios 11.1 beta and the app and amp now connect and everything works.  Yippie.  

Not sure what fixed it.  I had tried rebooting my phone (even a more aggressive reboot, power/home, power/volume down on the 7) and that didn't help.  I didn't try uninstalling the amplifi app and re-installing the app.  Some of you with this issue might want to try that before upgrading to a new ios version, especially a beta (like I just did).  Maybe it was whatever happened on the phone during the update.  Maybe it's something new in ios11.1 that makes it work again.  Not sure.  But mine is working again and I'm happy.

But even if it is the ios 11/11.0.1 problem and 11.1 fixes it without a new version of the Amplifi app, that means soon, when Apple releases 11.1 to the masses this might fix things.  

I'm not recommending people load beta ios versions on their "daily driver" phones, but if you google "apple beta software program" you will find it and it's free.  Not recommending it, it's not for everyone.  But hopefully things will sort themselves out naturally when 11.1 official.

I have exactly the same issues . Latest everything including IOS 11.0.1 - Build 2.60.2 - help,

You could try uninstalling the app off your phone and then re-installing it and see if that helps.  That's something I should have tried first.  But what fixed it for me was upgrading my phone to ios 11.1 beta.  I'm not sure I would recommend that to everyone.  But that might mean that in a couple weeks when 11.1 is released it might just start working again.  

Does ios 11 or 11.0.1 work for anyone?  I would assume if it's a ios problem that we all would be having trouble at that version of the os.  

Uninstalling and reinstalling app OR restoring iOS DO NOT change anything. 

I tried to reset network settings, the app start syncing but freezes until a time out message. I tried 3 time and always the same result.

Waiting for an official iOS release now and hoping it will work again

Having the same issues as you guys with IOS 11.0.1 running latest Amplifi app and my Amplifi 75.
Just noticed that IOS 11.0.2 is out so downloading now and keeping fingers crossed!

EDIT: After updating to IOS 11.0.2 the Amplifi app kept crashing but after uninstalling and re-installing it I now get a solid connection with my Amplifi 75 again  :)

I'm having the same issue. It worked for the first hour I had it but not since then. The app says "Device Not Connected" at the bottom of the screen. iPhone Bluetooth shows it's connected. I can play songs from my Library into the Amplifi amp, but can't manage Volumes or tones.

Running iOS 11.0.2 and Amplifi Remote 2.60.2.

I finally returned my FX100 for a new Firehawk

Same problem but at least I can live edit my tones with this one

I updated to the last version of iOS and then now everything is fine. I am pretty sure this iOS update will fix your problem guys. Just make sure reinstalling the remote app after update

• 3 weeks later...

Ya technology is great when it works but when its broke like my app now is it sucks. Thinking about another amp at the moment, and that sucks. Even with my old phone and old Ios system connectivity was sketchy with trouble connecting device. With my new phone and the latest Ios has the same issues you all are having. Plays bluetooth music and and hooks up but device will connect to control amp, tones, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Same issue here. Since iOS 11, and all subsequent releases, including the latest one 11.1.2, as soon as you try to playback music via the amplfi app, it will play for about 3 to 5 seconds and disconnect from the Amp (amplifi 75 in my case).  I also see this issue with other BT devices as well, some of them will flat out fail to connect.  I suspect something is wrong/changed in the way iOS11 is using the BT Stack...till then. i suspect more of these types of issues to persist.

• 2 weeks later...

Errgh I have this as well, iOS 11.1.2, remote 2.60.2. don't know the device flash cos the app won't connect to the goddamn amp. As usual, absolute terrible software support by Line 6, why on earth did I buy this amp - they way oversold their userbase and tech support for this product line.

Problem between my line6 amplifi 150 and the application remote 2.60.2 on my iphone 7 in IOS 11.1.2: I can modify the banks of sound effects but impossible to listen to them and therefore play with my guitar and I am connected via the bleutooth ...

• 5 weeks later...

Amplifi 75 (current firmware); iPhone 8 ios 11.2.1; Amplifi 2.6.02: I had recently thought the performance of the BT connection and iphone app syncing with amplifi 75 had improved, until randomly now, I cannot connect to amp. BT connection is fine but App won’t sync with Amp. I’ve tried all typical troubleshooting steps. Finally reconnected after rebooting phone, amp, stopping/starting BT, “forgetting†BT connection/reconnecting. How long will it work though? I’ve been through this countless times in last two years. I still like the amp when it’s working but am really tired of the challenges. Can’t tell you how often I lose inspiration by the time I get the rig up and synced. As a bonus now, all of the sounds Ive saved are all duplicated 8-10 times. A mess!

I hate to do a "me too" but.. me too.

Let's see - here's everything that has gone wrong for me with the latest Amplifi iOS app, iOS 11 and the latest firmware for the Amplifi:

- Favorites don't actually save.. 

- My Tones get repeated multiple times .. each time I go back into the app I see the last one or two I've added get repeated.

- BlueTooth drops and reconnects constantly when I try to control the amp or play back music over  the amp from the AMPlifi app.

Those are the ones that immediately come to mind. 

I might consider getting an Android Tablet *just* for this application. Because the reviews on the Google Play store for the Android version of the app are *far* more positive than the iOS reviews.

The Line 6 Amplifi App is no longer compatible since iOS11 was released. My saved tones have disappeared and now random tones seem to be multiplying by themselves within the App. Get it fixed Line 6 or you’ll be losing customers that have been loyal to Line 6 for many a year!

• Upvote 1

Here are fixes for your iPhone, iPad Bluetooth not working in iOS 11 y after update or auto fix all Bluetooth interference while using: howtoisolve.com/ios-11-bluetooth-not-working/

Only about half of those are applicable in this use case and while I can’t speak for others I’ve tried all of the ones that are applicable.

None of them resolve this issue.

It’s worth also noting that I’ve tried an IPad 3 with iOS 9. And many of the same control, playback and connectivity problems mentioned here still exist.

The problem is the AMPLIFi app.

• 2 months later...

Just purchased the new iPad 9.7" to replace my iPad Air, hoping it would fix the Bluetooth connectivity issue - no such luck.  After 3-5 seconds of playback to Amplifi 150, gets disconnected.  Note, this happens also with Firehawk FX and Firehawk app as well.  Back to feeding from the headphone jack into the Line 6 amp Aux in for proper playback.  Line 6 please put some resources into resolving the poor bluetooth support.

• 5 months later...

I had a similar issue with my iPad that started on IOS11 and continued on IOS12, the app worked fine on my iPhone. I spotted on another thread regarding another app that the solution for that app was to clear the application data by deleting the app via the storage menu (doesn't work if you just delete the app and re-install). (Settings, General iPad (iPhone) Storage). Wait a few minutes for the list to load, select AMPLIFI and Delete App (Offload app will not clear the cache and had no effect for me). Download the app again and login, this cured it for me.

Edited by HissingSid
grammar