Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

24 hours later

davidjtsim76

So 24hrs with my new Helix rack. First impressions are how easy its been to get a great sound without cracking the manual, so intuitive and well thought out. Currently running into a Rocktron Velocity 300 into an Orange 2x12 and Logic in the studio. I was previously running an HD ProX into same setup and I have to say its like night and day! The Pod was always 85% there but the Helix is so much more responsive, the amps sound better and more importantly to me, feel like amps. The missing magic ‘feel’ thing that if I’m honest I was dreading being disappointed by, but this thing is just fantastic in that respect! So, anyone else running a similar setup? Any tips or tricks?

• Upvote 1

Add some pedals. I'm using some drive and other Strymon pedals thru the many FX ports in Helix with good results. The Bogner La Grange puts you in Plexi Heaven. Not that the drives in Helix aren't ok, they are. But my La Grange and Riverside sound better to me. Same for the Big Sky and Time-Line. Yea they nailed Helix as far as amp tone.