Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Finally upgrading to 2.21... LoL!

glideman

i didn't update last time so will get a bundle's worth when the next one rolls up. the multiband compressor was the only thing that piqued my interest in that lot but i do have to say i'm getting a bit sick of the bug that effects the pedal when saving wahs and other parameters ( they never seem to save properly) -that got fixed didn't it?

• Upvote 1

i didn't update last time so will get a bundle's worth when the next one rolls up. the multiband compressor was the only thing that piqued my interest in that lot but i do have to say i'm getting a bit sick of the bug that effects the pedal when saving wahs and other parameters ( they never seem to save properly) -that got fixed didn't it?

Yes

• Upvote 1

I’m with shanecgriffo on this one. While I’m also a bassist, I don’t ever use the Helix for bass and that last update was pretty focused on that instrument. The multiband comp is definitely interesting but not interesting enough to go through the update process. I just hope they’ve got some more interesting stuff other than more amp models in the next update. Otherwise, I’m staying put on 2.11. It’s stable and I’m happy with my sounds.

• Upvote 1

I haven't seen any information on a 2.30 update.  In fact I was getting ready to ask if there is anything in the works.  Can someone point me to a thread that discusses this? 

There are some mentions of what is coming here although I can't remember exactly what topics they are in. Line6 doesn't usually tell us exactly when the next update is coming or what exactly will be in it to avoid disappointments in the event the rollout is delayed but the Gear Page has some vague comments regarding what a few of the things in the next update and Line6 often drops bread crumbs there when things are up and coming. A lot of posts to pore through but searching for "2.3" might point you in the right direction.

https://www.thegearpage.net/board/index.php?threads/line6-helix.1586637/

Line 6 was on a steady average ~4 month development/release cycle for Helix SW before they spent more time to get Native right.

Nothing wrong with that, but I am guessing that they want a FW/SW update for Helix for NAMM and unless they delay another release till then or do a very quick turn around for a 2.4 for NAAM at the end of Jan 2017, 2.3 should happen pretty soon.

Given the sheer magnitude of Line 6's efforts developing, programming, testing and introducing Helix Native -- soon to be followed by release of an entirely new generation of Helix Edit -- coupled with what must also be a massive undertaking to restructure Helix's software housekeeping procedures (Installation, Update, Backup, Restore, IR Management, etc.), It is no wonder that firmware releases have been less frequent.

It remains impressive that fw 2.30 is being depicted to include 7 amps and 7 FXs.

Regardiess when 2.30 and Helix Edit arrive, it is beginning to seem like 2018 may also be an active year of Helix releases, and when we may see Helix 3.0. I do not doubt Line 6 may have some fascinating announcements at Winter NAMM.