Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

FIREHAWK FX - FX LOOP - DRY & WET OUTPUT

rising_sun5

Hi!

Please   can someone  help me with  setup.

I would like to plug my guitar  in Firehawk FX  and  get   two   output sounds  ( at the same time -  in real time):

1.  one  totaly  clean  guitar  sound  without  any  effects    ( "dry"   - unaltered  sound ) that   can  record  with my PC through mixing console   while playing    (  for    reamping later )

2.  second sound with  all effects  and   amp models   ( "wet"   sound  )  that  goes  to  my  amp  that i can  record   sound with all  effects ( to amps return  in  fx loop )

What would be  the best way   to connect  cables  from  Firehawk FX   to amp and to  mixing  console and   how to setup  position of  FX loop in  Firehawk REMOTE  APP.

Thank you!  :-)

Mark

Hi, I don't think you can do what you want with the FHFX.  For dual signal paths you would need the HD500X or the Helix.  Maybe you could use the fx loop to send mono out then split it to go to your console and the other back to the mono return to then have the effects added to go out to your amp.  I don't know, just thinking aloud.

Thank you for  reply!  Sounds interesting! :-)

I will try  also   use   ABY  pedal, so I  can split  original guitar   sound to 2 outputs  to get   two    sounds  at the same time.

One cable  from ABY goes to  FIREHAWK FX input and then  to amp with all  effects,  and  other  to mixing  console for record clean sound for reamping later.

• 2 years later...

Am interested in doing this, too. 

Thought I could just record the output straight from the guitar, but came across this: most electric guitars have passive pickups, so splitting the guitar signal right after the guitar is fraught with danger. If the split isn’t done with an active/buffered splitter (instead of a simple “Y” cable) an impedance mismatch happens, and the guitar pickups are loaded incorrectly. An improperly loaded guitar both sounds and feels terrible, so it should be avoided at all costs.

Anyone tried the FX loop out-split trick? I have not, but if it works then I'm game. 

Or, any other way to reamp stuff with FHFX?

• 9 months later...

Hi I am interested in this also, how did you get on?

I was thinking  if i cant split through fx I may have to use a di box, one cable going to fx other going directly to interface to get both signals. Would you use active of passive di box?