Please ensure Javascript is enabled for purposes of website accessibility Jump to content

Mic model changes when changing cab models in Helix LT

Josh_guitarreiru

Hi all!

I've just recieved my Helix LT yesterday and I'm reading the manual and familiarising with the preset programing. One thing that I would like to do is to change cab models but keeping the microphone model, I mean, every cab comes initially with default mic setings (e.g. when we change cab model to cab A a dinamic 57 is selected, if then we change to cab B a ribbon is initially selected instead) I would like to keep the same mic settings when scrolling between different cab models. Not sure if there is an option for that?

Thank you very much beforehand

Cheers

Hi all!

I've just recieved my Helix LT yesterday and I'm reading the manual and familiarising with the preset programing. One thing that I would like to do is to change cab models but keeping the microphone model, I mean, every cab comes initially with default mic setings (e.g. when we change cab model to cab A a dinamic 57 is selected, if then we change to cab B a ribbon is initially selected instead) I would like to keep the same mic settings when scrolling between different cab models. Not sure if there is an option for that?

Cheers

Not an option. Cabs have a "default" mic associated with them. You will have to change the mic whey trying different cabs. 

• Upvote 1

Hi all!

Cheers

When you say "scrolling between different cab models", do mean changing Presets/Snapshots or when you are auditioning cabs?

• Upvote 1

Hi all!

Unfortunately you're right. It works that way, and it's awful and very unpractical!

I hope that Line6 will change this in the next firmware revision.

• Upvote 1

Hi all,

thanks for your answers! What a pity that there is no option to set a global default mic.

Pbatts I was referring to auditioning cabs within the search of the perfect tone!  :) It would be much easier to have a feeling about differences in cabs if the mic settings are fixed when auditioning them.

Cheers

Agree, and not just mics, low and high filters especially. You want to compare the SPEAKERS, not their default settings.

Ideally maybe, there should be a global setting for this. Sometimes you might actually want to hear what Line 6 thought was "recommended", if the defaults should be interpreted that way.

Agree, and not just mics, low and high filters especially. You want to compare the SPEAKERS, not their default settings.

Ideally maybe, there should be a global setting for this. Sometimes you might actually want to hear what Line 6 thought was "recommended", if the defaults should be interpreted that way.

Another reason I control my cuts with an EQ instead of in the cab (not to mention the steeper cut of an EQ cut versus a cut in a cab, which allows "looser" cuts).

Another issue I find frustrating when auditioning amongst Helix's Cabs and the Mic selections is that when pressing the Mic Parameter knob, the Mic selection does not revert to the default Mic parameter value selection! Rather it changes to the first Mic in the list of Mic offerings. The vast majority of parameter knob values, when pressed revert to the default value -- not the first value in the range of parameters for that knob.

Many months ago I posted this as a Bug report and was advised this is the designed behavior of the Mic parameter knob. I then submitted the preferred configuration as an IdeaScale post. It is available to be voted up if you desire. Here's the Link: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/871855

Another issue I find frustrating when auditioning amongst Helix's Cabs and the Mic selections is that when pressing the Mic Parameter knob, the Mic selection does not revert to the default Mic parameter value selection! Rather it changes to the first Mic in the list of Mic offerings. The vast majority of parameter knob values, when pressed revert to the default value -- not the first value in the range of parameters for that knob.

Many months ago I posted this as a Bug report and was advised this is the designed behavior of the Mic parameter knob. I then submitted the preferred configuration as an IdeaScale post. It is available to be voted up if you desire. Here's the Link: https://line6.ideascale.com/a/idea-v2/871855

This just seems like common sense. Voted up.

Yeah, they’ve got to do something about this as it makes tweaking sounds that much more tedious. Mainly because the first thing I like to experiment with is the cabs.

I can’t imagine how anyone could have thought that this behavior of the cab sim was a good idea.

It’s insane. Or rather, it drives ME insane.